Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum (https://volvoforums.com/forum/)
-   South (https://volvoforums.com/forum/south-48/)
-   -   Warning danger Baton Rouge Volvo P4 (https://volvoforums.com/forum/south-48/warning-danger-baton-rouge-volvo-p4-48305/)

1 s40 12-13-2010 10:36 PM

Warning danger Baton Rouge Volvo P4

For all those who have read some of my posts or followed this story here we are at the end.

I just received my XC90 back from the dealer that Volvo had it brought to today 12/13/2010 As a husband the last thing I want is for my wife to complain so I had her check the car before I inspected it. They delivered it back to my home at the time they scheduled, the car had been detailed inside and out. Now on to the meat and potatoes. Fan problem after paying All Star Volvo (previously Duplessis Volvo) the new dealer found the problem and fixed it with no problems. Driver seat reclining on it's own previous shop couldn't find problem to fix new shop found and fixed. Chrome on exterior driver door window seal fixed got part in record time. While they were looking over the car they noticed the grill emblem was deteriorating so they replaced it at no charge. They called after inspecting the car letting me know what they planed to do keeping the customer informed. This dealer is first class. They treated the customer like Volvo would as if there name and reputation were on it. As for All Star Volvo hopefully this saga gets out to enough people to put them out of business.

Now stuck in a moral dilemma should I call All Star owner (Mat McKay) and pass these post on to him and help him fix the problems with his dealership or don't bother and let him suffer. I think let him suffer. What do you all think?

NCVOLVO940 12-24-2010 05:07 PM

with the amount of claims volvo has recieved mirroring your own experience, the owner is fully aware of the problem... if he still does nothing about it, let him suffer!

being a former volvo tech (I left the dealership in 1995), I and the others always put our best foot foward to represent the brand and the dealer. If this guy doesn't even acknowledge the problem with even a simple "I'm sorry for the problems, how can we regain your trust?", he's part of the problem, and doesn't deserve to represent the brand.

Volvo-dealers 12-25-2010 01:56 PM

Dealership problem

You should always check on BBA.com about a business rating before buying a car, house, or service from a company.

Volvo-dealers 12-25-2010 02:06 PM

Business problem

The site's web adress is BBB.org sorry for the mistake. You should type www.bbb.org/us for a more specific location (as in United States).
Remember, each time you want to check a company's accreditation visit this website for complaints and ratings.
Keep in mind that this site's useful not only for car dealers, but it works for any company you are interested in cooperating with.

Hope it helped, Mr Got Scammed at All Star Volvo:eek:
Best reguards,
Adrian