Suspension Is your ride slammed to the ground? Did you lift it so high you need a ladder to get in? Step in and talk about it here.

I got da bilstein n eibachs

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 11:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I got da bilstein n eibachs

Just letting you guys know I got the bilstein hd shocks and eibach pro kit springs on my 94 850 turbo wagon. This setup is awesome. I am the kinda guy that likes a nice tight suspension that rides good, and this is it! It only lowered the front about an inch and the rear about an inch and a quarter, but there is no rake, it is level. Night and day difference in handling and ride quality. Now I just need the sway bars.

Old 01-19-2005, 12:24 AM
Administrator
Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
Default RE: I got da bilstein n eibachs

Sounds cool do you have any PIC'S???

Old 06-10-2005, 10:35 AM

After having the suspension for a couple months, I would have preferred to go with shortened shocks too. The HD shocks are made to be a performance shock paired with a factory spring. when hitting a bump that is above ground level, you are already into the damper and the ride is a bit annoying how stiff it is. Everything else is perfect. This setup is really great as long as your not runing over an above road bump, like one of those damn mini speed bumps. I really only notice b/c I live in downtown Richmond and we have a lot of cobblestone and ****ty roads.

Old 06-10-2005, 10:56 AM
Administrator
Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Then you would hate driving my STANG.It is lowered 2 inches and has urethane bushings in the front.The front end is very stiff.I swear I can feel every pebble in the road.

Old 06-14-2005, 05:37 PM

Does Bilstein have sport dampers for the volvo? I'm thinking of going with the H&R springs. They are usually a bit stiffer. I had Eibach's on my BMW before and they were much too soft, not to mention they sagged an unacceptable amount after only 1 year!

I had a 1.7 degree negative camber, and after a year I had a whooping 2.9 degrees! BTW, when you get Eibachs, make sure it says just Eibach on the box, if it says "Eibach Springs", those are the mass produced US made ones which are no good. I know because I own a shop

Bry

Old 06-14-2005, 06:06 PM

I can't remember what the box said, but my friend's dad is the president of American Tire Distributors, so I hope they are pretty good. I think Bilstein only offer the HD's for the volvo, but I could be wrong. I think my car is just stiff enough, but I live in downtown Richmond with lots of cobblestone. I couldn't stand much stiffer here.