Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum (https://volvoforums.com/forum/)
-   Volvo 240, 740 & 940 (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-240-740-940-12/)
-   -   740 fusebox problems (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-240-740-940-12/740-fusebox-problems-51767/)

scorpius 03-20-2011 02:00 PM

740 fusebox problems

2 Attachment(s)
okay, I had a problem the other day with the car stalling, found out it was the connectors from the switch I had put in so I could manually control the fuel pump relay, they was gettin hot... well, the car was turnin on fine, until I decided to eliminate it, the FPR clicks on when I turn the motor, I still dont hear my fuel pump turnin on, it was fine, now I took the fuse 11 harness apart to see if it was gettin contact with the wires, it is, but theres still no juice runnin through it, dont know what I should do, finally diagnosed the problem, n in comes this...wtf...what is before or after this that I should test or look for? if I got my fuel pump to turn on this car would start...I'm stumped...anyway I could bypass it? obviously gonna have to run a fuse for #11 outside the box cuz I kind of destroyed the inlet for it... thats not a problem, how do I get my fuel pump on?:eek:

scorpius 03-20-2011 03:47 PM

fuel pump?

for sum weird reason I'm not gettin any current to my #11 fuse, the pink wire that goes from my FPR to the acutal fuse is not sending any juice, ogot the multimeter between the the two connecting ends and nothing... so I put a long wire from the pink wire in the truck to the top of my FPR n I could hear the pump whirr but when I crank to start doin the same thing, it dont start....dont know if I'm harming my cars components by doin that, but I'm at wits end, I have all the diagrams except for the actual wiring of the fuse box... I even switched around my noise suppr. relay..whats next... this car started fine yesterday... switched one thing and everything goes to $h!t....:confused:....(a bit later)....I found out why I was gettin no fuel pump action, the FPR is so shot that even when I stick what I used to stick in it (a fuse) it wont work, but anyways, add that to a list of things I'm buyin this week along with a 89 740 for $600...new tires, shocks, exhaust, same regina engine and tranny, body and grill are intact.... just need the extra parts for now....well goodluck to me....hope it all works out

scorpius 03-22-2011 02:11 PM

got it on....woo hoo..

well I jumped on the car today, charged the battery.. no start... I know my FPR is shot so I have it jumped....I remembered that I switched my noise suppr. relay the other day when I was messin with it, well guess what, one of them are shot, it started right up... so I need 2 relays, found a FPR for $24... now Im gonna start lookin for a NSR....thought it was sumthin major people... didnt even want to touch this car yesterday...I was pissed n dissapointed with my 740... we've been through alot since i've had her, I thought the days of her leavin me on the side of the road with my family was over... but now I know why shes been acting weird...thanx everybody for the input... mind over machine....:cool: