Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum (https://volvoforums.com/forum/)
-   Volvo 850 (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-850-16/)
-   -   ABS RH rear no signal when moving off (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-850-16/abs-rh-rear-no-signal-when-moving-off-1271/)

floryed 04-06-2005 09:43 PM

ABS RH rear no signal when moving off

Hello there. I am getting code 2-1-4 (RH rear no signal when moving off). I am trying to check to see if the sensor is bad. I am guessing that this could be the cause. I figured if I checked the LH rear to the RH rear, for resistance, and if there was a short, or a infinite ohms in one, or if the differences were great, than I would need to change the sensors. I got under the car, and tried to follow the wires, and found out that they go behind the gas tank. First of all, do I have to remove the gas tank to find the fitting for the sensors, or do I have to remove the gas tank anyway to replace the sensors? And if so, what else would the procedure to finish checking, and changing the sensors?

tech 04-06-2005 10:42 PM

RE: ABS RH rear no signal when moving off

No you don't need top remove the tank to replace them.They go through the hole that you can access the fuel pump setup through.
If you have a bad ABS module that code comes up.If you repair the module or replace it I would do that first.Then check the sensor after that.

floryed 04-06-2005 11:23 PM

is there anyway to check the module first? As I recall, you said it was about $400... Yipes!!!

floryed 04-06-2005 11:33 PM

Also, do I need to purchase a power bleeder for changing the module?

tech 04-07-2005 12:25 PM

No the module has no fluid going through it.
With out the proper equiptment the module is hard to diagnose.
Have you check out having it rebuilt? Here it the link.
http://home.earthlink.net/~vicrocha/...vo_V70_ABS.htm

floryed 04-07-2005 12:35 PM

Don't mean to get of on a tangent, but what about checking the rear sensors? Is this done easily? And, is it worth checking anyway?

tech 04-07-2005 01:20 PM

There is a way I beleive it is OHMing them out.Im not 100% sure.We always use the Volvo scanner where we can read all that stuff.

floryed 04-07-2005 03:33 PM

Okay, just for sh&ts and giggles, I checked the readings of the two sensors. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I openned the trunk lid, and near the gas tank pump access hole, there was a yellow plug, along with a baige and black plug. I checked the yellow plug, and the ohms reading for both sides was 1.05 kOhms (approximately the same for both sides). I was going to check the others, but I think that one of them is for the fuel pumb, and the other , I don't know. Anyway, they are both approximately the same. So, I don't think that I have any other avenue to take other than buying another control module. I did check most of the web sites that you gave to me, and most do not have it, they can't repair the 95, or the want to sell me a new/remanufatured for the $400+ cost. I guess that's the way I'll have to go. Thanks for the info. If you have anything else to add, please let me know.

tech 04-07-2005 04:35 PM

I would say it is the ABS module.

floryed 04-07-2005 05:09 PM

Thanks for the info... it really hurts though$$$$

tech 04-07-2005 05:55 PM

I know the feeling.In my house there is no murphy's law it is the Johnson law. LOL

Kiss4aFrog 11-26-2011 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by floryed (Post 4381)
Thanks for the info... it really hurts though$$$$

Dear Floryed, did you do the ABS module and did that take care of it ??