Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum (https://volvoforums.com/forum/)
-   Volvo 850 (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-850-16/)
-   -   Any interest in 850 Clear headlight lenses? (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-850-16/any-interest-850-clear-headlight-lenses-68511/)

MattyXXL 01-20-2013 05:24 PM

Any interest in 850 Clear headlight lenses?

I was browsing ARD's site and I saw the Clear Lens option he has for the 70 series, Ive always wanted clear GLASS lenses for the 850.

So I asked Lucky if he was able to source the clear lenses for the 850, he said yes but they would be pricey unless we did a group buy..

So Im just gauging interest on the clear lenses.

Here are the 70 series ones Replacement Clear Glass Headlight Lenses

Keep in mind this is just a feeler thread!
I am NOT selling any and I DO NOT know what they would cost....

Im just trying to find out if there would be a interest in these so he can move to the next step which would be offering a group buy..

So whats on your mind??

rspi 01-21-2013 07:07 AM

Don't the lenses have some kind of chambers in them to help direct the light beam.

mudpie 01-21-2013 10:45 AM

From the description in the link above...

"...un-fluted glass headlight lenses... Use as replacement lenses for RZ Design Bi-Xenon, C70 Jewels, or ABM projectors. Also great for use with custom projector retrofits."

So, if you have projector headlights, or plan to retrofit, you'd need these. I've always found the headlights in my Volvos to be some of the best, compared to other cars I've owned. Personally, if I were going to spend four or five hundred bucks, it would be on many other things before I spent it on headlights.

Suspension, brakes, tuning, etc...

MattyXXL 01-21-2013 11:01 AM

They arent going to be $400 to $500 LOL a brand new set to jewels from de88 with corners runs $400..

As soon as lucky finds out price I will update..

mudpie 01-23-2013 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by MattyXXL (Post 340894)
They arent going to be $400 to $500
a brand new set...runs $400..

You lost me on that one. It won't be 400-500, it'll only be 400? You're making my point for me.

MattyXXL 01-23-2013 09:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by mudpie (Post 341107)
You lost me on that one. It won't be 400-500, it'll only be 400? You're making my point for me.

Your confused my friend.... Your not reading it correctly..

This group buy offered by http://ardtuning.com/ will be for the Clear glass replacement lenses ONLY. and they will NOT run $400..

I was making a point that you can get a brand new set of Jewel headlight assemblies with corners for $300 to $500 depending on where you purchased them. those are like these Volvo 850 Head Light JEWEL LED PAIR CHROME 94-97 NEW on eBay!

Again they will be LENSES only.. NOT headlight assemblies.
They will come in a kit like this Replacement Clear Glass Headlight Lenses

These will be perfect for people that are doing a retrofit like this
Thank you Paul (Aequitas_Veritas ) for the Picture
Attachment 27429

boxpin 01-23-2013 10:24 AM

I have been researching this myself. Here they are. Right and left. $58 a side...plus your leg for shipping.

Stylingglas/ klarglas Volvo 850, höger - Vparts.se

Stylingglas/ klarglas Volvo 850, vänster - Vparts.se

This site has anything/everything you could ever want for your 850!!

MattyXXL 01-23-2013 01:26 PM

Ooooo good find john.... I think Ill be ordering the CF eyebrows... about $200 shipped, im going to start putting money away now..

boxpin 01-23-2013 03:44 PM

I cannot figure out how to contact that company. Language barrier and not finding any contact info on their site. They have some really cool stuff.

MattyXXL 01-23-2013 05:57 PM

In these cases google translate is your best friend...

Jag vill köpa några av dina coola skit

Also if your using google chrome it will offer to auto translate the page

boxpin 01-24-2013 08:17 AM

I had it translated, there is only a phone number to contact them that I can find.

MattyXXL 01-24-2013 10:54 AM

So here is the deal, Lucky has a estimate on pricing

Here was his response on facebook

I'm expecting costs to come in at $175 per set shipped to all 50 states. A bit higher than hoped but these aren't exactly available at the corner store
That is shipped to your door, and with the quality and service we always get from ARD..

he should be getting the first test set in a couple weeks...

So whats everyones thoughts?

If anyone else wants to add to the facebook convo.. I see you now have... | Facebook

mudpie 01-27-2013 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by MattyXXL (Post 341149)
Your confused my friend...

It happens often. I'm used to it by now.

My point was, a group buy (and potential savings) is great if you've already converted your headlights and just need new glass. Otherwise, the lenses are just part of the equation, and I'm guessing the total cost would be in the $4-500 range. I personally like spending the money on stuff that actually makes it go faster, or handle better.

Or, if I could just make it run right now, that would be nice too.

MattyXXL 01-27-2013 02:59 PM

LOL... Faster is a never ending struggle... and youll never have enough money LOL

Lenses with HID projectors should be just under $300 if you go new.

Lenses with Salvaged projectors should run between $175 and $200 when all is said and done