Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum (https://volvoforums.com/forum/)
-   Volvo 850 (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-850-16/)
-   -   heater blowing cold air on passenger side. help would be appreciated (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-850-16/heater-blowing-cold-air-passenger-side-help-would-appreciated-26805/)

mazoppy 01-21-2009 03:42 PM

heater blowing cold air on passenger side. help would be appreciated

I've got a 96 850 GLT with auto climate control and my passenger side vents always blow cold. I was wondering why this might be? Is it the heating motor or dampers perhaps? Please help

JPN 01-22-2009 01:56 AM

RE: heater blowing cold air on passenger side. help would be appreciated

If the driver side is getting warm air, it is porbably the damper motor that needs to be checked.

JPN

[IMG]local://upfiles/6892/F92C8AA1CD0D46C1B023C6AF6CA1A38E.jpg[/IMG]

Psaboic 01-22-2009 08:24 AM

Dumb question I know, but is the outside air mix knob on the center vents open or closed. If open it will bring in colder outside air.

mazoppy 01-22-2009 10:57 PM

the air mix is set on the center position

tech 01-23-2009 07:44 AM

ECC or MCC?

Psaboic 01-23-2009 08:15 AM

Close the center vent mix control and see if that helps at all. Probably won't make a large difference, but it is easy and worth a shot

JPN 01-23-2009 10:45 AM

Tech, I believe it is the ECC, asmazoppy stated "auto climate control"...

JPN

mazoppy 01-23-2009 11:13 PM

Yes its ECC
Strangest thing yesterday the passenger side started blowing hot again. A friend told me it might be because I put to much coolant in is thatpossible? Oh yeah when I went to leave work tonight I turned the car on and the REC and AC lights flashed for twenty seconds which according to the manual indicates a fault in the ECC system but the heater worked fine. Any thoughts?

tech 01-24-2009 07:57 AM

To much coolant will not do that.
I would say the blend door motor is on its way out or needs to be recalibrated.

But only someone with a Volvo scan tool and recalibrate the motors.

Psaboic 01-24-2009 08:35 AM

With the new info, I agree with Tech. it soumds like the mlend door/motor

Rosew6211 01-24-2009 07:36 PM

Have you checked to see if outside air inlet damper is operating correctly. It's on the passenger side just in front of the winshield. below W. W. Wiper blade. You may need to remove the screws holding the plastic trim panel in place above the inlet to see the fresh air damper. Raise the hood for access.

Kiss4aFrog 07-13-2011 10:00 AM

I know, it's been two and a half years. It would be nice if the thread had an ending as to what was found. If the lights were blinking they should have used the diagnostic connector under the hood to pull the codes. That would tell you what the system is "seeing" as a problem and it sounds like a blend door. I'm trying to locate a diagram of the plenum and the location of the different blend motors as I'm having motor codes and my system doesn't direct air very well to the different vents.
Anyone know where the best prices on the motors might be found or where they can be found at all?