Volvo 850 Made from 1993 to 1997, this Volvo line was available in both a wagon and a sedan, both with were graced with several trim levels.

This will destroy some engines

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 06:36 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ibified
Here's your cookie. Thought you just wanted to talk cars. Oh, wait, you meant "talk cars after you bragged about how great you are" got it. =) carry on.
If a non-cop or stranger call a cop "cop" it is offensive. If you don't believe me, try tomorrow, stop at the intersection, and address a police officer as "cop" and see what you get.

Old 01-05-2011, 06:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Must be a regional thing. None of my police officer friends take offense to it at ALL. Sorry.....but you are not always right in everything, even if you want to believe you are. I thought you wanted to talk about cars....?

Old 01-05-2011, 06:47 PM

Must be a regional thing. None of my police officer friends take offense to it at ALL. Sorry.....but you are not always right in everything, even if you want to believe you are. I thought you wanted to talk about cars....?
Those are your friends. I call my friends worse names. I said "stranger" -- if you are a stranger that's offensive. When some cop pulls you over (not a friend of yours) try and call him "cop"... In this discussion, it's not a big deal. I will re-PM you the other topic.

Old 01-05-2011, 06:54 PM

Again, I guess we have to agree to disagree on this one. I've never seen it as an issue, and no cop I have ever talked to has either.

Old 01-05-2011, 06:57 PM

Ok. cool. Knock yourself out. LOL

And don't call me like you call your friends, got it?

Old 01-05-2011, 06:58 PM

Sorry, i forgot, you know everything. carry on.

Old 01-05-2011, 07:02 PM

I only know what is my business, my family's or my friends. I got enough things on my plate to worry about others.

Old 01-05-2011, 07:03 PM

And yet you still do. LOL whats with the 'dont cal me like you call your friends, fot it?" bull****? what are you gonna dom kick my ***?

I bet you were your standard garden variety "dick with a badge" that give other cops bad names.

Old 01-05-2011, 07:15 PM

And yet you still do. LOL whats with the 'dont cal me like you call your friends, fot it?" bull****? what are you gonna dom kick my ***?

I bet you were your standard garden variety "dick with a badge" that give other cops bad names.
Hahaha... Were there better men than me? Yes. I was lucky though, got out alive. If I pull you my Citations and Commendations, you're be rolling your eyes. What was important, my commanders gave me good references which got me into a good school. I was surprised -- I thought they didn't like me. They would only rip us apart, regardless of fault.

Now, we are best friends....

Old 01-05-2011, 09:49 PM
Administrator
Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Let me get this straight... Since I only have 80,000 miles on my t-belt I should not change it this weekend? Or should I change it since the tensioner roller was not replaced last time???

And since I replaced all the rollers, tensioner, and belt on the S70 GLT, and the cam seals are not leaking, I can let that one go to 124,500 miles before I have to replace it since the Japaneese said it can last till 125,000 miles... Correct???

Also, if I find police that don't weigh to much, I can carry them with me? Do I carry them in the car or on my back? How much is to much weight when it comes to cops? Ooops, that's police officers.

One more thing? Since I went to school in Braddock PA (Levi commercials), and did not know how to read when I graduated? Does that make me stupid? Do I have to go to college and spend $48,000 to become smart? Can I just write someone a check for $48,000 to be considered smart?

Just checking???

Old 01-05-2011, 10:41 PM

RSPI: You may not understand that tutorials you wrote last week will have a big impact on a noobie 2, 3 or 4 years down the road. You own 3 Volvos, I mean you, JimKW, Tech, JPN know so much about these cars, that most stuff here is nauseating to you.

When it comes to Volvo, sure I owned one over 25 years ago, but that was 25 years ago. Since then I looked down on Volvos as Mercedes or BMW wannabies. My friends owned XC90 or whatever and wanted to junk them 4 years old and I made fun of them and their POS Volvo. I would not buy a Volvo, didn't care for them. Until 8 months ago when I decided to buy an old Volvo wagon. So, I am a noobie, and can see somethings differently from you old-timers.

If you recall -- I had an accident 2 weeks ago (payback?), airbags deployed, big mess.

After the accident, I searched and found a thread with photos of some Canadian guy, same accident, describing his restoration process in photos. That gave me a different perspective on my "Restore or Replace" dilemma. (I did appreciate your feedback BTW). I don't even remember the guy's name, I don't even remember the Forum I saw it on. He wrote it years ago.

That thread made me think -- since I have borrowed so much from this forum and others, it's only fair to contribute a little to it. I thought of a noobie, not you or Jim or Tech, a noobie going through the same purchasing decision I am going through, seeing a car with a timing belt 55k miles overdue. Showing that newbie, these overdue belts are not legends -- they really do exist. Kids jumped all up: we all know that, blah, blah. I told them, forget about it, it is not for you. Then hell broke loose.

This thread was not designed for guys like you and most people presently in this Forum. Is that hard to understand?

You guys are really wasting your time treading on this.

Old 01-05-2011, 11:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are a tonne of noobs on here. Myself being one. Your topic could have been useful to some people except it was worded poorly. Poorly in the sense that it was very non-specific and didn't seem to have much of a point. What people are saying on here is that it lacks clarity. Clarity for professionals who don't need the advice but mostly clarity for those who do.

Bear in mind, the people who start searching for answers to issues regardless of how new they are, generally have some knowledge of cars otherwise they would just go to a mechanic. If a new person is trying to educate themselves, your thread didn't help them out very much. That's what everyone is trying to say. Just be more specific next time and you won't have anyone asking questions. You just happened to use an attention grabbing title but the thread had little substance.

Do that and the forum stays all about volvo as opposed to whether someone is an officer or an orderly. That's my 2 cents (although the 10 cent piece is the smallest coin over here).

Old 01-06-2011, 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by vpatrol
Oh, it is you, the 2nd grade reading-comprehension flunkie, I remember now.

You are doing a book critique on a bumper sticker slogan. Interesting logic you got there.

"Orderly"?

Old 01-06-2011, 12:47 AM

VPatrol: on your inner tie rod issue: why did I see today 3 or 4 people telling you the same answer to your question? Yet, you keep asking the same question over and over again!! Wasn't it you that Boxpin lost his patience with today?

The inner tie rod is not the problem with your Volvo. It is your incomprehension.

Old 01-06-2011, 01:04 AM

there you go again Henry....doing your part to make friends here. If you wonder why folks here give you ****, go up and look at the post you made in response to vpatrol, who was trying to help you out here.

Old 01-06-2011, 03:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Henry10
VPatrol: on your inner tie rod issue: why did I see today 3 or 4 people telling you the same answer to your question? Yet, you keep asking the same question over and over again!! Wasn't it you that Boxpin lost his patience with today?

The inner tie rod is not the problem with your Volvo. It is your incomprehension.
inner tie rod is tight. You are correct in that I don't comprehend my volvo steering problem. I started a thread to come closer to comprehending it.

Old 01-06-2011, 06:40 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This a collection of the worst and most irrelevant come backs I have ever read.

Old 01-06-2011, 06:56 AM

there you go again Henry....doing your part to make friends here. If you wonder why folks here give you ****, go up and look at the post you made in response to vpatrol, who was trying to help you out here.
Ibified: don't kid yourself. No friendship can be built on condescension.

Last edited by Henry10; 01-06-2011 at 08:50 AM.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by gilber33
This a collection of the worst and most irrelevant come backs I have ever read.
Gilber33: here is unsolicited advice for you: stay in school, post a lot less and pay a lot more attention to coursework. There will be plenty of time for toys and hobbies later on in life.

Old 01-06-2011, 07:02 AM

I am out of this subject. I would recommend anyone to do the same.

Quick Reply: This will destroy some engines