Volvo C30 This compact hatchback gives a sporty feel without compromising versatility.

Any tall guy C30 owners?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2019, 01:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any tall guy C30 owners?

I have my heart set on getting a C30, but I've yet to sit in one. If you're tall, would you tell me your impressions of the C30? I wiil try one as soon as I can. Thanks!

Old 12-26-2019, 10:40 AM

Ok, the C30 isn't a Miata, but I was wishing my 6'3" 34" legroom self would fit, after all, there are tall Swedes. Why 75 people would read the original post is curious. What did you all expect it to say? I just wanted to know if there was hope for me. I'm guessing no.

Last edited by Banderboy; 12-26-2019 at 01:45 PM.
Old 12-30-2019, 04:06 PM

I'm 6'1, 34" inseam, 210lbs or so. I find it perfectly comfortable and have made multiple 18-hour trips from Chicago to Florida (and reverse) in mine. No issues at all. I even find the rear seats remarkably roomy for what they are. I wouldn't want to spend a ton of time back there, but on the few occasions I have ridden back there I didn't mind it at all.

Old 12-30-2019, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by EanX36
I'm 6'1, 34" inseam, 210lbs or so. I find it perfectly comfortable and have made multiple 18-hour trips from Chicago to Florida (and reverse) in mine. No issues at all. I even find the rear seats remarkably roomy for what they are. I wouldn't want to spend a ton of time back there, but on the few occasions I have ridden back there I didn't mind it at all.
Thanks for the reply. Now I’ll have to find one to try on!

Old 01-19-2020, 10:27 AM

So I tried out a C30 T5 (6M) the other day and enjoyed it quite a bit! BUT the only thing that kept me from buying it was the fact that my size 14 (U.S.) foot kept hitting the bottom of the dashboard when I'd lift from the gas, preventing me from moving my foot from the gas to the brake quickly. It was pretty dangerous, but I'm super upset because it was the first car in a while that made me feel, "FINALLY! This is the one!" I really wish there was a way to adjust the foot pedals, so I could drive it.

Old 01-27-2020, 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by Banderboy
I have my heart set on getting a C30, but I've yet to sit in one. If you're tall, would you tell me your impressions of the C30? I wiil try one as soon as I can. Thanks!
I’m coming from EU , 1.82m tall with a 2007 1.6petrol , I guess it’s pretty comfortable tbh . No problems if u not in the backseats

Old 01-28-2020, 04:31 PM
Default Very comfy. Supportive seats. Plenty of room for driver

Originally Posted by Banderboy
Hi , I'm 6ft 5" and mine has been a fantastic second car. Very supportive for a guy my size and weight. Brilliant on motorway/long journeys. Currently looking to sell my 1.6D R Design Sport. 70,000 miles. Will be up for sale in the coming weeks. Email me for more information mate. Jmwarrington955@gmail.com .
Happy to answer any further questions about its comfort too, as that was your original Q! Cheers

Old 02-04-2020, 06:17 PM

6’ 1” and just got a 08 c30. I mean i fit quite well in the car, sits pretty close to my wifes subaru xv. and i still got some backward travel on the rails. Theres not much for room behind me however

Old 02-22-2020, 10:03 AM

Hi, I'm 6' tall, 32" inseam and weigh 200 lbs - my C30 is perfect for comfort and I have no complaints at all on that score.

I have done many long-distance trips in it without a single issue - the seats are very well designed ergonomically.

However, the back seats are un-usable by anyone who is not a legless dwarf.

Old 04-23-2020, 05:39 PM

I am 6'7" and I fit just fine. 2011 C30 R-design. Did you find one to your liking?

Old 04-23-2020, 11:58 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CommandoPG
So I tried out a C30 T5 (6M) the other day and enjoyed it quite a bit! BUT the only thing that kept me from buying it was the fact that my size 14 (U.S.) foot kept hitting the bottom of the dashboard when I'd lift from the gas, preventing me from moving my foot from the gas to the brake quickly. It was pretty dangerous, but I'm super upset because it was the first car in a while that made me feel, "FINALLY! This is the one!" I really wish there was a way to adjust the foot pedals, so I could drive it.
The guys on the C30 forum are enthusiast and do heal to toe when driving. They either have made a piece to go under the gas pedal or shims to bring the pedal further up to eliminate the problem you were having. Being tall is not an issue in general for both the front and back seats if you don't have sun room which we don't. Removing and shimming the accelerator pedal is straight forward. You have to remove it once a year anyways in order to change the cabin filter.

Old 05-20-2020, 11:30 AM

I'm 6'2 and I have a perfectly fine time in mine. Just don't adjust your seat to be higher unless you will go into the roof.
For the most part, you might have difficulties with leg space. Even then if the wheel column is telescopic you're fine.
If you're shopping for one make sure the interior has a lot of packages. I've been in a basic trim and it's very minimalist.
The best thing to find is R-Design C30 with the Premium sound system. I hope you find your ride

Old 05-20-2020, 03:00 PM
Default Tall guy owner with C30 for sale

Sadly, my wife can no longer drive due to a medical issue so that leaves us with three vehicles and only one driver so I must part with her C30. I live in Santa Fe NM and if anyone is interested in a 2011 R-design let me know. I'd rather see it with an enthusiast than not. This thing is a blast to drive as you know. I picked it up in 2016 from a dealer in Austin TX as a CPO and drove it back here. I'm especially thankful to the TX state cop who gave me a pass while transiting west TX and was checking out triple digits on a straight and empty road. He was taking a break under the only tree for miles and I think he gave me break because the minute I saw him (aww, Sh**!) I pulled over and all he had to do was make a U-turn. You know when you're hosed, so might as well make it easy on yourself....

Bought with about 60K miles on it, now has 68.5. Automatic, Orange Flame. Most options. No dings, interior in fine shape. Only cosmetic issue is that she often parked by feel so there is curb rash. She worked her way down from and XC90, then XC60, to the C30 because is was smaller but each one was pristine except for the wheels, so small didn't help much in that regard.

Contact my email for more if interested. fungothebat@gmail.com--

Well, a friend took it off my hands when I casually mentioned it. He's having a lot of fun with it so I don't feel so bad selling it. I'll be back on the forum with my next Volvo, number 4, whatever/whenever that might be.

Last edited by ready4c; 08-31-2020 at 02:33 PM. Reason: No longer own a C30
Old 06-29-2021, 08:49 PM
Default Plenty of legroom

6'5" guy here. Currently driving my mom's c30 since my move was unexpected. I thought I would be miserable but there is PLENTY of legroom. Seat all the way back and ask the way down with somewhat of a tilt. Steering wheel lifted up slightly. I put about 60 miles a day on this 2011 and I'm generally comfortable. My qualm is how low to the ground I am. Which I'm guessing isn't an issue for you if you're already entertaining the idea. If your heart is set on this little hatchback I say go for it!