Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum (https://volvoforums.com/forum/)
-   Volvo C70 (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-c70-14/)
-   -   2007 C70 SE D5 DRL & Service Indicator Questions (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-c70-14/2007-c70-se-d5-drl-service-indicator-questions-96021/)

Pirate77 04-04-2018 07:13 AM

2007 C70 SE D5 DRL & Service Indicator Questions

Ahoy there!

I'm a relatively new to the Volvo brand (July 2017), and I've seen many questions about resetting the service indicator dash message and whether the DRL can be turned off.

Having done some light research, I've found the following methods in order to reset the service indicator message and how to turn off the DRL. My question is whether owners have tried the methods shown via the method below, and if so, did they work (or not)? I'm in no way connected to any site(s) or anyone connected with them and links are for ease of reference:

Turn Off DRL
- switch on ignition
- switch on parking lights (1st position)
- pull and hold (!) high beam lever
- switch off lights while holding high beam lever
- done
Turning on DRL is the same procedure.

Reset Service Indicator Message (various models)

If you're a Mk 2 C70 D5 Geartronic owner, have you found turning off the DSTC returns better mileage especially when in semi-auto mode? I find it's an improvement but the MPG is still woeful compared to a 6 speed manual diesel by comparison.

ECU Remapping - Geartronic

Has anyone had their ECU re-mapped, and if so, what improvement to MPG are you getting and is it financially viable? Prices in the UK are circa GBP £400.00, so for those doing 10,000 + miles annually it might be more cost efficient compared say those who do under 3,000 miles annually. The real issue is the gearbox type. My previous car was a 6 speed manual diesel which at 80 MPH ran at around 1800 RPM compared to the 2.4 D5 Geartronic which at the same RPM only does 60 MPH which is 25% lower and over 200 miles per tank less by direct comparison with my previous car, so an expensive combination I'm finding.

Your thoughts, comments, findings and opinions please.

Pirate77 04-06-2018 10:37 AM

Update to opening post

Ahoy there!

FYI, the service message reset procedure works a treat, but having tried several times for the DRL, no joy. If anyone knows a method to do this for a 2007 C70, please do share.

TTFN.

Liz Carlene Cab 05-07-2018 06:55 PM

On resetting and turning off service light

this is how it worked for me ;
Volvo service button

Push down trip to 0 hold while turning key twice then service light should flash and go off and out

Pirate77 05-08-2018 04:24 AM

Volvo C70 (Series 2) 2006 - 2013 Mods & Tweaks

Originally Posted by Liz Carlene Cab (Post 459532)
this is how it worked for me:
Volvo service button

Push down trip to 0 hold while turning key twice then service light should flash and go off and out.

Ahoy there!

Thanks for your input but I did post the service indicator reset sequence in my original post. See here for description and images.

Do you know if there's a way to turn off the DRL other than via a Volvo main dealer such as cutting a wire(s) or another method with the light selector switch?

I'm also looking at changing the halogen main/dipped bulbs for 6000K (Kelvin) Xenon types which don't require ballasts unlike HID types, but is it something you've done or know of anyone who has done the same or similar, and if so, what's the general consensus?

I haven't checked the forum yet to see if there's a thread about this, but if you or anyone reading this knows where qualified information can be found, then please share the thread and/or any external URL's.
TIA.