Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum (https://volvoforums.com/forum/)
-   Volvo C70 (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-c70-14/)
-   -   2008 C70 how to stop beeping from conv top warning?!! (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-c70-14/2008-c70-how-stop-beeping-conv-top-warning-96521/)

Spymann1 05-22-2018 11:11 PM

2008 C70 how to stop beeping from conv top warning?!!

I have a 2008 C70 and the hydronic arm on drivers side leaked out some fluid so the top stoped when only half way opened. I had a professional come out and manually close too but the beeping noise wo t stop and so I have to drive it like this to work every day and its a two hour commute!
When closing the top manually we could not get the drivers side push rod to go back in on the hydrolic arm even after pulling the release lever under back seat and letter the pressure off of pump in the trunk and since weVe had to leave the hydrolic push rod extended it won't stop beeping.
Is there any way to release the pressure on the hydrolic pushrod? If so all I would need to do us reconnect it and I believe the computer would recognize that everything is in correct position.
If there's no way to release pressure is there a way to stop the beeping because by the time I get to work I'm in a foul mood from all the beeping lol. Also does the beeping COMMING from the small tweeters on both doors? If so can I just cut those wires or unplug them?
I would be truly greatful for any help because I've been laid off for a while now and can not afford Volvos $350 charge just to look at it with no promises if it being fixed. Have a blessed day hg.
Thanks

Kar Kare 04-06-2022 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Spymann1 (Post 460148)
I have a 2008 C70 and the hydronic arm on drivers side leaked out some fluid so the top stoped when only half way opened. I had a professional come out and manually close too but the beeping noise wo t stop and so I have to drive it like this to work every day and its a two hour commute!
When closing the top manually we could not get the drivers side push rod to go back in on the hydrolic arm even after pulling the release lever under back seat and letter the pressure off of pump in the trunk and since weVe had to leave the hydrolic push rod extended it won't stop beeping.
Is there any way to release the pressure on the hydrolic pushrod? If so all I would need to do us reconnect it and I believe the computer would recognize that everything is in correct position.
If there's no way to release pressure is there a way to stop the beeping because by the time I get to work I'm in a foul mood from all the beeping lol. Also does the beeping COMMING from the small tweeters on both doors? If so can I just cut those wires or unplug them?
I would be truly greatful for any help because I've been laid off for a while now and can not afford Volvos $350 charge just to look at it with no promises if it being fixed. Have a blessed day hg.
Thanks

did you ever get this resolved? if so can you please tell me the solution. email marshalljulius7@gmail.com

Kar Kare 04-06-2022 08:16 PM

what did you do or have done to resolve this issue?