Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum (https://volvoforums.com/forum/)
-   Volvo C70 (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-c70-14/)
-   -   Adding aftermarket Bluetooth to the C70 (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-c70-14/adding-aftermarket-bluetooth-c70-98985/)

ktk1961 01-28-2019 05:28 PM

Adding aftermarket Bluetooth to the C70

Anyone have any experience adding aftermarket Bluetooth to the C70? I have a 2006 model. I purchased one of those portable Bluetooth devices that you plug into the lighter and it worked for about 5.5 minutes. What a waste. I'd like to add a Bluetooth system to the existing stereo. Any suggestions or experience anyone have with doing that ...? Thanks!

willyghost 03-12-2019 07:22 PM

Bluetooth interface

I just recently installed a bluetooth kit on my 2006 C70, it works good but your car has to have the 6CD changer. Search on the bay website and type this "Bluetooth A2DP Handsfree USB SD AUX Adapter For Volvo XC90 2002 - 2013 Car Kit" you will see a box with some orange cables, those are for fiber optic connection, it will eliminate you 6CD box, i dont use CD anyways so its OK.

ktk1961 03-13-2019 11:21 AM

Thanks!

Originally Posted by willyghost (Post 471414)
I just recently installed a bluetooth kit on my 2006 C70, it works good but your car has to have the 6CD changer. Search on the bay website and type this "Bluetooth A2DP Handsfree USB SD AUX Adapter For Volvo XC90 2002 - 2013 Car Kit" you will see a box with some orange cables, those are for fiber optic connection, it will eliminate you 6CD box, i dont use CD anyways so its OK.

Thank you so much! I really appreciate your suggestion.

willyghost 03-13-2019 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by ktk1961 (Post 471436)
Thank you so much! I really appreciate your suggestion.

No problem any time, IMPORTANT NOTE in case you or anyone else ends up getting and installing one of these boxes, they come with 4 little dip switches that have to be set up according to what car you have, there is no info for the C70. After my own trial and error I can tell you that for the 2006 C70 the first three switches have to be ON and the and SW4 has to be off. I was having connection issues and problems until I configured the switches this way...

ktk1961 05-26-2019 06:04 PM

Sorry I missed your follow-up suggestion. Thanks again!

Kevin

ktk1961 05-28-2019 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by willyghost (Post 471439)
No problem any time, IMPORTANT NOTE in case you or anyone else ends up getting and installing one of these boxes, they come with 4 little dip switches that have to be set up according to what car you have, there is no info for the C70. After my own trial and error I can tell you that for the 2006 C70 the first three switches have to be ON and the and SW4 has to be off. I was having connection issues and problems until I configured the switches this way...

Something just occurred to me over the weekend ... the "screen" on the CD player also shows the inside temperature, how high the fan is turned up, etc. Will these indicators be shown on the new bluetooth system? Or will I lose the ability to see the ...?

I hope this isn't a stupid question ...

Many thanks again!
Kevin

ktk1961 06-30-2019 03:47 PM

Hey, willyghost ... Thanks so much for your guidance on the Bluetooth for my C70. My wife and daughter gave it to me for Father's Day and I had it installed on Friday. I gave the installer your tips and they didn't have any problems at all. It sounds great! Sometimes there's a delay before it "picks" up the signal and starts transmitting the sound ... and I have to be careful not to turn the volume up too high and then switch to the radio because the radio is then BLARINGLY loud. But I'll get used to all of this ... For now, I'm loving the ability to listen to my own music and make calls from the car. Thanks again!

All the best,
Kevin

ThePorpoipotamus 03-18-2021 02:02 PM

Sound difference between CD changer BT and Aux input BT

Hi, I know this is a 2 year old thread, but maybe somebody will read this. I just picked up an '07 C70 W/ the Dynaudio. Love it. I installed an inexpensive Scosche BT adapter that runs through the auxiliary input. Sounds OK, but it has a couple of minor issues that I'd like to get past. Using the aux input there is a fair amount of hiss coming through the speakers when there is no active input. Additionally there is alternator noise. Neither of these issues are audible (or perhaps not even present) when music is actually playing, but it's annoying when I'm trying to drive in silence. Sigh.

So, my question is, has anybody tried both routes, the aux input & the Mr. 12 Volt (or others, as mentioned above) that attaches to the CD changer, and is there a discernable difference?

TIA