Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum (https://volvoforums.com/forum/)
-   Volvo C70 (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-c70-14/)
-   -   C70 widebody?? (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-c70-14/c70-widebody-14754/)

PANTYEATR 10-31-2007 07:50 PM

C70 widebody??

wow, i know this may be old news, but i love this kit. i can figure out most of what was done to make it, but i'm not sure how he made the fenders and the bumpers bulges meet. is there a how-to written on this? where there any others made?

i think the rear bumper is from an RX-8, the front bumper is from a VW jetta....correct me if i'm wrong.

i would do some more mods to the body in addition to these, but this is an awsome job.
http://www.turbobricks.com/feature/img/fall_05a.jpg
http://www.turbobricks.com/feature/img/fall_05d.jpg
http://www.turbobricks.com/feature/img/fall_05c.jpg
http://www.turbobricks.com/feature/img/fall_05j.jpg

S70driver 10-31-2007 10:15 PM

RE: C70 widebody??

That c70 widebody if it is the one I am thinking about. As I cannot see the pictures is fully custom. No other ones were made. One of a kind and it was sold on EBAY.

- The rear end is from an RX8.
- The rest I don't know.
- A how to, I doubt it.

S70driver 10-31-2007 10:18 PM

Here is this link for those of you who might not be able to see the images as well.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2090227

PANTYEATR 11-01-2007 12:14 AM

the pics i have is of a navy blue one with the really wide staggered wheels. i would love to take on a project like that, but maybe after i pay this thing off first ad get itclose toshowroom condition:)

my kit will be a lil more extensive, with work done to the hood, to relieve some under hood temps, and i would add a more racey, yet tasteful, diffuser for the rear bumper.

S70driver 11-01-2007 12:20 AM

Good luck on your quest. I am excited to see the finished product. And I know it is going to cost big big big bucks.

PANTYEATR 11-01-2007 12:23 AM

yeah Driver, thats the one. that thing is a real beauty,

i'm gonna keep looking at this kit til i figure out how some areas on it are doneand i'm gonna ask the help of my friend who is a body man for like22 years for help.

reg 11-01-2007 07:21 AM

Just remember it is front wheel drive with unequal length shafts................torque steer mean anything? The c70 is a good looking vehicle but to jazz it up to look like a performance auto??? I think not! The c70 here looks good but is only a poser and if you were to show up at an autocross you would be ridiculed.
r.

PANTYEATR 11-01-2007 04:24 PM

i'm more worried about looking like everybody else. anybody can just go out and buy the same car as you, but you can always do something that will set you apart. i like the look of this widebody and it would set me apart from the others.

and if i wanted to really shine on a autocross circuit, i would pull out my 336whp 1997 dodge neon and open some eyes ;)

reg 11-01-2007 07:38 PM

Horse power at an autocross does not mean fastest times. I wonder if you are a SCCA member and have the slips to support that. I do agree with you however that the body kit on the c70 you posted does look good!

r.

Shaun Oriold1 11-01-2007 08:53 PM

ORIGINAL: PANTYEATR
i'm more worried about looking like everybody else. anybody can just go out and buy the same car as you, but you can always do something that will set you apart. i like the look of this widebody and it would set me apart from the others.
and if i wanted to really shine on a autocross circuit, i would pull out my 336whp 1997 dodge neon and open some eyes ;)
Wait a minute.. A. Why do you have a neon, if you have a nice car like a C70 ( Not that neons are bad cars or anything, but its no volvo) B. Why do you have a neon with 336HP Thats idiotic!

When I lived in FL ( back when I was growing up in 1992-1998) everyone was driving gay mini trucks... and here in Toronto everyone drives gay Hondas. BE happy you drive a nice car, get a nice set of wheels, fix any small dings in the paint with the help of your body pal, and get a nice clean car. Keep it super polished. and be happy. That will make it stand out enough to get noticed

I'm building a jeep now, I'm 75% done. and have about $40k in it ( or whats what I have receipts for) Everything is custom. Its killing me. Its soooooo expensive and I'm soo far into it, that I cant not finish. Once its done, I will not do anything else to any vehicle I own unless its a direct bolt on part. My point is..... that body kit appearently cost $8k to make ( if I remember right, could be wrong though) He used generic rockers, and wheel arches, and and RX bumper for the rear.. Cant remember the front. But why drop that much coin into something unique. IF you have money to burn. and you want to get chicks to stare at you. Save your coin, and go buy a old 3 window coupe, or a hot rod pickup or something. or even a bike. A money pit volvo is probably your worst place to dump loads of cash.. But hey, if you have a neon with 336HP...............

S.

S70driver 11-01-2007 09:00 PM

Yeah if you got the coin do it, but honestly any modded Volvo stands out. Even if 20 of us have the same exact combo of parts.

PANTYEATR 11-01-2007 09:33 PM

ORIGINAL: Shaun Oriold1

ORIGINAL: PANTYEATR
Wait a minute.. A. Why do you have a neon, if you have a nice car like a C70 ( Not that neons are bad cars or anything, but its no volvo) B. Why do you have a neon with 336HP Thats idiotic!

When I lived in FL ( back when I was growing up in 1992-1998) everyone was driving gay mini trucks... and here in Toronto everyone drives gay Hondas. BE happy you drive a nice car, get a nice set of wheels, fix any small dings in the paint with the help of your body pal, and get a nice clean car. Keep it super polished. and be happy. That will make it stand out enough to get noticed

I'm building a jeep now, I'm 75% done. and have about $40k in it ( or whats what I have receipts for) Everything is custom. Its killing me. Its soooooo expensive and I'm soo far into it, that I cant not finish. Once its done, I will not do anything else to any vehicle I own unless its a direct bolt on part. My point is..... that body kit appearently cost $8k to make ( if I remember right, could be wrong though) He used generic rockers, and wheel arches, and and RX bumper for the rear.. Cant remember the front. But why drop that much coin into something unique. IF you have money to burn. and you want to get chicks to stare at you. Save your coin, and go buy a old 3 window coupe, or a hot rod pickup or something. or even a bike. A money pit volvo is probably your worst place to dump loads of cash.. But hey, if you have a neon with 336HP...............

S.

no, i'm not a SCCA member, however i am a fast learner and neons have been some of the best autocross cars to use along with the integras do you agree with that? my neon is built more for road course anyway.

i have had my neon coupe for almost 10 years and i learned everything i know about cars on it. it has nothing original except the interior and some of the body. it weights 2600lbs with everything in it and i'm sure i'm making over 336hp now since i tuned my standalone over the past year. i always wanted a neon since they came out, but it took me 3 years to get oneafter it came out. why do people like gremlins and those ugly chevy caprice with 30" wheels??? i dunno either, but people havea liking for certain cars and i happen to like the neon. i also have a 2000 CBR 929. i work hard for the things i have and everything was second hand, so i'm no baller, but i value ownership.

why does my neon have 336hp? power corrupts thats why and it's different. everybody wants to do the hondaor nissan, but i wanna be different and thats a problem i have.and again i learned alot from this car and UTI. i won't go as far as i did with my neon cause it's hard to drive your "race car" everyday and not know whats gonna break next or how far from home your gonna be. i did drive it from florida to newyork and back and it didn't break down til i got back, i guess my car loves me too :D

i don't do these things for the girls or anybody else but me. i don't get girls cause i have these cars an motorcycles....hell i don't get girls just for having my own place, cause i know how to cook or cause i practice massage therapy. these things should bring women, but they don't.

i just wanna spice up the volvo and like you just throw some bolt-ons in, maybe upgrade the turbo system and just drive it. building a kit like this won't cost much if you do most or all of the labor and get raw materials that people aren't gonna use.

S70driver 11-01-2007 09:54 PM

How much do you think this kit is going to cost you? I bet you it will cost well over $1,500 and I am being modest. Even if you do the work yourself.

PANTYEATR 11-02-2007 06:05 AM

well, i'm not that sure Driver, for example when i made my hood for my neon, i cut the sheet metal and re-used it to make the louvers. i just look at things like this scoot carbon fiber hood for the RX-7 and i think about it and i try to recreate it. i'll post some pics later to show you.