Volvo C70 This sporty coupe has a three-piece retractable hardtop for unsurpassed fun whether the the top is up or down.

2000 c-70 top won t close

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 08:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 c-70 top won t close

Hi everyone, i am new to the volvo forum and look forward to learning about my car. I have a problem ( of course ) The top won t finish closing, front top locks into place but rear window won t activate and close. I noticed there are 2 spring loaded levers just under rear deck which are gear driven one side is free and pops up the other side is stuck in the down position. Can i manually put the rear window down. Thanks in advance. There is a cable that runs to that lever, i m sure to activate that lever and allow window to seat. Can i put the window down manually?

Old 09-19-2013, 01:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With the car you should have a couple of tools which are T key to disable the motor drive and a small crank handle to manually open close the roof.

The correct details are in the owners book at page 122-123.

If you have no book you can download a pdf version here.

98 volvo c70 convertible 1998 owners manual.pdf

From the owners book.

Manually raising the convertible top

NOTE: The tools needed (A and B in the illustration) are located in the glove compartment.

If it should be necessary to manually raise the convertible top:

l Open the trunk. The trunk must be open during the entire procedure.

Open the cover over the convertible top storage space

l Insert tool A in the right-hand hole (2) and turn it counterclockwise one complete turn.

l Insert tool B in the left-hand hole (1) and turn it counterclockwise until the cover over the convertible

top storage space is completely open. This procedure could take several minutes.

Pull the convertible top forward

l Pull the convertible top forward to the upper edge of the windshield by pulling the rear brace (3).

file:///K|/ownersdocs/1998/1998_C70CONV/98c70c_27.htm (3 of 4)12/30/2006 1:50:17 PM

1998 C70 Cabriolet

l Remove the cover (4) by pulling it straight down. Pull the convertible top down onto the upper edge

of the windshield and at the same time turn tool B clockwise (see inset illustration) until the convertible

top seals properly with the upper edge of the windshield.

Close the cover over the convertible top storage compartment

l Insert tool B in the left-hand hole (1) and turn it clockwise until the cover over the convertible top

storage compartment no longer moves. The cover is not completely closed at this point.

l Insert tool A in the right-hand hole (2) and turn it clockwise one complete turn. The cover is now

locked in place.

Fold the rear window down

l Fold the rear window down and press it toward the attachment. At the same time, insert tool B in the

left-hand hole (1) and turn it clockwise until the rear window is correctly in place.

NOTE: After manually raising the convertible top, the car should be inspected by an authorized Volvo

retailer.

Circuit breaker

If the automatic circuit breakers have activated, wait at least 20 seconds before attempting to raise

Old 09-23-2013, 07:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

krussel, thank you so much, i couldn t get a manual for this car when i bought it. I was told i had to buy an online subscription by the year. I did this but really never used it. The link you gave me gave me a download for 6 bucks. Worth every penny. Also you took the time to write it all down for me. Very good of you. i ll return the favor if i can. Thanks again.

Old 09-28-2013, 09:40 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rstyles
krussel, thank you so much, i couldn t get a manual for this car when i bought it. I was told i had to buy an online subscription by the year. I did this but really never used it. The link you gave me gave me a download for 6 bucks. Worth every penny. Also you took the time to write it all down for me. Very good of you. i ll return the favor if i can. Thanks again.

That's ok buddy no problem.

I actually copied and pasted from my PDF version.

I did manage to find a free PDF download for myself a while back but could not find it again.

You can pick up plenty of owners wallets for the C70 on Ebay for about $10-20 which include the book etc. Prob worth getting one for the car.

Hope you got your roof fixed.