Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum (https://volvoforums.com/forum/)
-   Volvo C70 (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-c70-14/)
-   -   Fitting a Yatour MP3 player to a SC901 and others (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-c70-14/fitting-yatour-mp3-player-sc901-others-73006/)

krussel 08-20-2013 01:49 PM

Fitting a Yatour MP3 player to a SC901 and others

18 Attachment(s)
This guide is for an install to a SC901 head unit fitted into a Mk1 C70 . This should be the same for other models.
Its prob a good idea to disconnect the positive battery lead but make sure you have the radio code.
This is the basic model Yatour YT-M06 without the Bluetooth module. It retails for just over £50 delivered. The Bluetooth model is around £20 more.

Attachment 16866
On the box you get basic instructions diagrams. There is only one yellow wire to connect to the cars + wiring.

Attachment 16867
The unit is very compact, about the size of a packet of cigarettes
Attachment 16868
On the front you have a USB and a SD slot. There is also a 3.5mm jack for connecting a mp3 player to play through the Yatour.
Attachment 16869
The instructions say there is supposed to be an led on the rear panel but its not there. The micro USB port is for an optional Bluetooth adapter.
Attachment 16870

You get the Yatour connection lead and a small 3.5mm male jack to jack plug.
Attachment 16871

This is the Din socket which your going to plug into the multi changer socket on the SC901 head unit. The yellow lead is the power lead.
Attachment 16872
First job is to remove the 6 Torx screws which hold the glove box. Carefully pull the box out. The light stays in the dash.
Attachment 16873
The next part is the mentally hardest bit to do as you have to drill a fair hole into the glove box. I used a cutter attachment on a drill.
Attachment 16874
It has to be largish to allow the Din plug through. You can now screw the glove box back into the car.

Attachment 16875
Thread the lead through to the radio aperture allowing plenty of slack to attach the Yatour.
Attachment 16876
Push in and then fully pull out the 2 handles on the sides of the SC901. Take care not to place too much strain on the connection wires. If you have the radio code you can remove them to make things easier.
Next find the yellow and purple wire (SC901) this has to be a positive live wire. You can use a scotch lock type connector but I found that my wiring had already been altered by a fitter installing the parking sensors so I had to solder mine.
Attachment 16877
Attachment 16878
Next plug the din socket into the multi-changer socket in the back of the head unit. It goes in very firm with a reassuring click.

Attachment 16879
I mounted my Yatour using 3m Velcro type stick on tabs.
Attachment 16880
Remember if your going to use a USB stick to allow enough clearance for the glove box lid closing.

Attachment 16881
Load up your USB or SD card and create 6 files labelled CD01-CD06. These will be your virtual cd’s. Load your MP3 tracks into the files. I am not sure on how many the 901 will support but I think its 100 tracks per file, may be 200 ?
Attachment 16882
That’s it. You plug in the USB or card and select CD6 on the 901. The first time I did this the 901 did not recognise the player so I had to remove the connection plug on the rear of the Yatour and plug it back in. It worked fine after that. It takes the Yatour around 5-6 seconds to access the files.
You simply use the 1-6 preset buttons to select the 6 files and the next button to skip tracks like you would with a normal cd.

Attachment 16883
I ve found the sound to be as good as a CD.
If you get stuck without a radio code like me then follow this thread to FRF Motors who supplied me with a code in under 10 mins completely for free. Amazing service !
Radio/Stereo: - Radio Codes Please - Volvo Owners Club Forum
Hope this helps.
Kruss

Matthew Baumann 09-26-2013 12:01 PM

Awesome tutorial!
Quick question:
Have you tried using the Aux port to play music and if so how well does it play?

Thank you

krussel 09-27-2013 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Matthew Baumann (Post 366678)
Awesome tutorial!
Quick question:
Have you tried using the Aux port to play music and if so how well does it play?

Thank you

Sorry Matthew I am afraid I ve not used the aux port. :-(

The 3.5mm input is only a play through line in so you would still need to select tracks on your ipod or phone etc.

I can confirm that the sound through the USB mp3 is as good as a modern CD and far better than FM radio.