Volvo C70 This sporty coupe has a three-piece retractable hardtop for unsurpassed fun whether the the top is up or down.

Hello everyone, just got a 02 c70!

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2017, 08:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Hello everyone, just got a 02 c70!

So i just got a 2002 C70.

The car has 52XXX miles on it, the guy that i got it from. straight up told me, it might have a transmission problem " its a Auto ". The car is in fantastic condition, inside and out. I'm not a mechanic but a wanna be engineer. I got the car for really good price and i needed a car!. I've heard how reliable volvo's are so to hell with it. i got it. " its got turbo! awesome ".

Lets get to the meat of the issue here. So if you were punch it to the floor, it tries to shift but doesn't shift it jurks back and forth. if you were to drive it nice and easy no shifting issues. maybe a little but very subtle and unnoticeable. if you were to floor the bad boy, it is trying to shift but doesn't know how to " basically going retarded ". I've had cars where the transmission was going out and it would slip, this doesnt feel like its slipping but something else. I am currently scanning trough the forums. If anyone could direct me to a good source or something that someone has gone trough that be awesome!. the guy that i got it from, said its probably a fuel issue.... lol again im no mechanic and he isnt etheir. but i really doubt this a fuel issue. i'd hope it is for my wallets sake.

Old 09-07-2017, 09:14 PM
Default Found something interesting

So i am on rockauto, looking at what basic parts like spark plugs, brake pads, air filter, etc. would cost me. I stumbled across a kit More Information for TRANSMAXX T89165C .it says it fixes the.

" Addresses Delay/Bang drive engagement, 4-3 and 3-2 coast clunk, 2-3 & 3-4 cutloose, kick-down runaway and converter slip. Improves and restores correct drivability with added durability. "

has anyone done this to their car? i mean like taking it to a shop?

Old 09-10-2017, 01:32 PM
Default found one of the engine mount broken

This is for anyone that might have same issue.

After two days of research on the 2002 c70, which wasn't much.

I did a small inspection of the engine after looking at the schematic's of the engine and other moving part's. I found the top engine mount to be torn up pretty bad. I went to my local car shop and bought it.

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/p...2002/volvo/c70

" this isnt the right diagram of the car, don't follow it "

So i managed to get it back on the next morning, this one doesn't have much play but it feels a little more snug. Put the remaining parts i had to take of earlier to work more comfortably. On a serious note, the piping for this car, could have been engineered better. It's all clunked together in the same area :/.

If you go straight to volvo website. They have a very friendly interface to find all the diagrams and parts you need for the job if you can't find it else where.

2002 Volvo C70 Coupe 2.3l 5 cylinder Turbo Engine Parts | Volvo Cars

engine mounting. For 2002 Volvo C70 Coupe 2.3l 5 cylinder Turbo | Volvo Parts and Accessories Online

" this one helped out a lot."

When i got done, i took it out on highway . I punched it a little to see how much better it got and i can say its a lot better when shifting . So this is what i think. The engine mount and the bottom Transmission Torque Mount are torn or worn down. So i am going to buy the bottom one next weekend.

Ithink also that because they are worn down, the transmission cant keep up with the speed of the turbo and engine, it shakes the transmission and it sense it.

I'm planning on getting this one

https://www.ipdusa.com/products/9216...n-torque-mount

Old 09-15-2017, 06:56 PM

Check out FCPeuro for parts also.