Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum (https://volvoforums.com/forum/)
-   Volvo S40 (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s40-11/)
-   -   CHIP REPROGRAMMING (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s40-11/chip-reprogramming-2532/)

ZIGZAG 08-31-2005 02:19 PM

CHIP REPROGRAMMING

Has anyone upgraded their chips in a 2000 to 04 volvo s40 1.9t I am considering get upsolute to replace chip and was wondering if anyone has any advice before I buy.

ZIGZAG 09-12-2005 10:52 AM

RE: CHIP REPROGRAMMING

I see that alot of people have viewed this string but no responses. I thought I would post a follow up as I got the chip reprogrammed on Friday. So far I am very impressed with it. The turbo now responds more like it should. I have not installed boost gage yet but turbo is definately pushing more PSI, I am told it should be 16. I managed to get the hp to 210 @ 5800. I figured that is a pretty good considering everything on my car is stock with the exception of K&N air filter and Boshe platinum plugs. I think I have managed to get this car about as far as I can take it without going for some after market parts. I had not planned on changing anything else, I am trying to keep it as sleepy looking as I can. If anyone has any questions I will do my best to answer them. I will post more about it as I have more time testing it.

P.S. The overall response of the car is far more impressive than the orginal. I felt like I was driving my dads car before. Now I think I have the fastest 1.9 bikerack around.

nandrolone 09-12-2005 11:48 PM

Do you have the web site? What did it cost you?

ZIGZAG 09-13-2005 10:00 AM

www.upsolute.com

I had mine done in Toronto and got a pretty great deal $535 cash, no tax. I thing the regular price was 630 +tax. Took about 4 hours.

nandrolone 09-18-2005 11:50 PM

Hey zigzag is it worth a 4 hour drive each way? Do they offer hiflow exhaust and air filter? Looks like the specs are close to that of a 2005 s40t5.

ZIGZAG 09-19-2005 11:43 AM

I was worth the drive, If your S40 is stock you will love the upgrade. I had it dyno'd at 220 hp @ 5800 (i have also added a bit myself) Are you interested in changing your Air box? or just the filter. I used KN drop in and works a hellova lot better than the OEM. I dont think I would get these guys to install my exhaust though. Are the new T5's turbo?

ZIGZAG 09-29-2005 02:40 PM

bump

NFSS40 10-01-2005 12:56 AM

Does anyone out there have any info on any other brands of chips? I've seen some in Eurosporttuning that run about $640.00 but require you to send in your computer. Not bad if I could find a cheap one out of a junk car.

tech 10-01-2005 01:24 AM

ORIGINAL: NFSS40

Does anyone out there have any info on any other brands of chips? I've seen some in Eurosporttuning that run about $640.00 but require you to send in your computer. Not bad if I could find a cheap one out of a junk car.
That really wouldn't work either the computers are programmed to the car.Once programmed they are done.You cannot program to another car.

ZIGZAG 10-03-2005 02:41 PM

Here is a follow-up to the chip reprogramming. I had to take the S40 in this morning as the flex pipe had broken away from the cat. I have a feeling this was due mainly in part because where the flex hose is jointed Volvo has crimped and restricted the flow at this point. I think that my hotter exhaust caused this to fail. I had it cut out and we managed to squeeze a bigger flex hose back in and that seems to have done the trick. I think this is better than the original.

My question is now, can the computer put itself into wuzz mode when the exhaust let go like that? If so I might have to get the chip reporgrammed.

I really need a boost gage. damn you volvo, how much extra would it have been from the factory!!!

mark 04-24-2006 01:26 AM

hi, with your ecu being reprogramed "by upsolute", how much mpg do you get right now? thank you

ZIGZAG 04-30-2006 04:05 AM

I really have no idea. I know it is not as good as before, but I tend to exercise the turbo a fair amount. I really got it reprogramed because the stock setting are so lame. I checked out the numbers on a stock S60 2.5t and mine numbers are better. I did not check out the gross vehicle weight but I would think my 40 is a bit lighter.