Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum (https://volvoforums.com/forum/)
-   Volvo S40 (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s40-11/)
-   -   Heated seats?? (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s40-11/heated-seats-9087/)

T5 Guy 12-12-2006 10:18 PM

Heated seats??

Hi All,

I own a 2004.5 S40 T5. The vehicle has almost every option except heated seats as it came from Florida. I'm in Minnesota and desperately want the heated seats for those chilly (understatement) mornings. When I look under the front seats, I can see wires and connectors going up into the seat padding. Is this part of the power adjust, or do all T5s come "prewired" for heated seats? If that's the case could a person hook them up? Any help will be greatly appreciated!

reg 12-12-2006 10:35 PM

RE: Heated seats??

If you GOOGLE heated seat conversions you will find a ton of companies that sell an after market kit. The downside is removing the seat and the covering. Of course your Volvo dealer can retrofit the seat with original equipment.

r.

ORIGINAL: T5 Guy

Hi All,

I own a 2004.5 S40 T5. The vehicle has almost every option except heated seats as it came from Florida. I'm in Minnesota and desperately want the heated seats for those chilly (understatement) mornings. When I look under the front seats, I can see wires and connectors going up into the seat padding. Is this part of the power adjust, or do all T5s come "prewired" for heated seats? If that's the case could a person hook them up? Any help will be greatly appreciated!

T5 Guy 12-13-2006 03:18 AM

Ya, I've done the google bit, don't really want to go that route. Just wondering if I can wire the existing setup....

reg 12-13-2006 07:56 AM

I'm sure you could wire the seats T5 but your seats will still need the heating elements. Call your dealer and check the price............

r.

ORIGINAL: T5 Guy

Ya, I've done the google bit, don't really want to go that route. Just wondering if I can wire the existing setup....

aaronb 12-26-2006 08:09 PM

I am also in Minneapolis and just purchased a '05 S40 from Golden Valley Auto. The car was bought in CA and did not have heated seats. I had Golden Valley Auto install heated front seats put in when I purchased the car from them. They sub-contracted it to ashop called 'Dealer Automotive Services'. There have been some recent radio ads by this shop also advertising heated seats and starters as good xmas gifts. For my car they put in both bottom and lumbar back heaters with a two temperature toggle switch that is mounted down by the power seat adustment switches along the door sides. I believe it cost about $600 for both seats and they seem to work well.

Aaron

Aaron

T5 Guy 12-26-2006 10:45 PM

Thanks Aaron, I'll check them out. Good luck with the newT5, you'll love it!