Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum (https://volvoforums.com/forum/)
-   Volvo S40 (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s40-11/)
-   -   How to remove driver's side visor on 2005 S40? (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s40-11/how-remove-drivers-side-visor-2005-s40-83850/)

LtPidgeon 05-13-2015 02:44 PM

How to remove driver's side visor on 2005 S40?

I have had the dreaded sunroof blocked drain again on my S40 which I have cleared and the tube runs clear. However, in the process the connection from the drain hole in the roof to the internal tubing has come loose and I need to remove the ceiling trim to get access to reconnect it. Attached to the tubing that runs down the A pillar is a black plastic elbow fitting and another section of plastic tubing that must connect directly to the sunroof drain hole.

I have removed the handle in the ceiling at the drivers door, and I can see that there is one visible screw at the left of the visor but on the right hand side, where the swivel arm is attached, there seems to be a plastic cover over where another two screws are. I am reluctant to just force this cover off to prevent any cosmetic damage. I am looking for a pointer on how to remove this little cover so that I can remove the visor to gain access to reconnect the drain hose. Long story short!!!

Thanks for any assistance.

ES6T 05-13-2015 04:01 PM

You just pry it off.

LtPidgeon 05-14-2015 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by ES6T (Post 411542)
You just pry it off.

I had gathered that but I wasn't sure exactly how to do it to minimise damage. I can see that it moves freely and must clip off somehow but I was reluctant to use great force. I did find this:
Write up: S40 (MY2005) Headliner Removal and Repair

Thanks for your reply.

LtPidgeon 05-15-2015 05:54 AM

Finally got it sorted and all put back together last night, thanks!

cincoblaze 05-16-2015 07:55 PM

Sunroof Leaks - Part 2

OK - what part of a sunroof leak would dump water on ONLY the drivers side REAR carpet? Is there a particular drain tube which can be accessed from somewhere that would cause this? Front carpets are totally dry, so I am guessing the typical front pillar drain tubes are working correctly. Are there some rear tubes?

LtPidgeon 05-17-2015 03:37 AM

Hi, I think there are drain holes at each corner of the sunroof so that could be your answer! The rear holes drain down towards the rear of the car as far as I'm aware.

cincoblaze 05-17-2015 09:08 AM

Did you see any REAR sunroof drain lines when you removed the headliner? If so, do you recall if the lines run down the B pillars? (Pillars between front and rear doors?)

LtPidgeon 05-18-2015 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by cincoblaze (Post 411793)
Did you see any REAR sunroof drain lines when you removed the headliner? If so, do you recall if the lines run down the B pillars? (Pillars between front and rear doors?)

If you look at the link I posted in post#3, you will see all four drains at step 16.