Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum (https://volvoforums.com/forum/)
-   Volvo S40 (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s40-11/)
-   -   How to turn off seat belt alarm warning? (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s40-11/how-turn-off-seat-belt-alarm-warning-14377/)

TBone Deacon 10-14-2007 08:00 PM

How to turn off seat belt alarm warning?

Does anyone know a code for turning off the seat belt warning chime? It is sooo annoying for short trips...and from having an S60 I know there are sequential codes for turning off engine and service lights. So I didn't know if anyone knew how to do this for the seat belt warning light and sound...thanks in advance

S70driver 10-14-2007 10:38 PM

RE: How to turn off seat belt alarm warning?

1. Why?

2. If you ever sold the car you would have to have it turned back on.

3. It might be annoying but deal with it. It is there for a reason.

bregan 10-22-2007 03:57 PM

I am wondering the same thing.

a) I wear my seatbelt. Full stop.
b) It goes off when I have a passenger in the car without a seatbelt, even if that passenger is a bag of groceries (a heavy one).
c) When I pull into my parking garage before 6 am (a regular occurence) I have to get out to open the gate. Then, I need to drive 50 yards to get to my spot. If I don't buckle up, the beeping does not stop until I turn the car off. If I want to hear the end of a news story, I need to turn the car off and back on again.

So, it is poorly designed and since it does not fit the different ways I use my car, I would rather turn it off altogether.

Is that answer good enough?

S70driver 10-22-2007 04:52 PM

All I got to say is safety. Don't disable it. I know if you do you wont remember to turn it back on when you sell the car.

bregan 10-23-2007 02:37 PM

I really and truly appreciate your concern.

Just to be clear. Is there not a way to do this or, am I simply not to be trusted with the steps?

Not to be cheeky, I just want to know.

Thanks.

Volvocars 10-25-2007 12:34 AM

The steps required to disable it would also effect the SRS (Supplemental Restraint System)system. -WHICH IS A MAJOR CONCERN- There is no easy fix. Sorry dude, but you will have to learn to live with it. After all Big Brother knows best. I don't like the feature either. I think this is a Ford influence. Anyone have any thoughts on that?

thelastpatriotCT 09-08-2008 11:08 PM

I think the system is provided by phillips but orginally developed for ford.

chimmychong 09-09-2008 12:38 PM

how do you turn it back on becuase my car doesnt make a chime or anything...
when turning the car on i see the seatbelt light by the sun roof button flash for like 3 seconds then it disapears... could that be why my srs light is on....

how do i turn it back on???????????????????????

tedg7air 04-20-2011 02:44 PM

me too I got No warning light and no beeping on my S40 since yesterday all else works AOK. how to turn it back on ?

nicopag 08-14-2011 07:20 AM

Hi, How do I turn it on? My volvo V70 doesnt chime if i dont use the seat belt!
Another question, what is the other light in the mirror? One is the seat belt reminder, on the left side, but in the right? Is there something there?
Thanks

Salt7611 10-26-2013 07:18 PM

Did u ever fixed the problem

w4r71n 11-15-2016 03:01 PM

Disabling the seatbelt reminder is a decision of your own. You can try the steps that work on Ford models. Some of the safety and comfort features are all the same on Mondeo, Focus and Volvo cars.

1) Turn the ignition switch to ON, but DO NOT START.
2) Wait for the safety belt warning light to go OFF(1-2 minutes).
Steps 3-5 MUST be completed within 60 seconds!
3) Buckle, then un-buckle the driver's safety belt 3 times, ending with the belt un-buckled.
4) Turn on the headlights, turn off the headlights.
5) Buckle, then un-buckle the driver's safety belt 3 times, ending with the belt un-buckled.
After step 5, the Safety Belt Warning Light will be turned on for 3 seconds.
6) Within 7 seconds of the safety belt warning light turning OFF, buckle then un-buckle the safety belt. This will disable the Belt Minder if it is currently enabled, or enable the Belt Minder if it is currently disabled

Polly145 02-14-2019 07:51 AM

I have a v70. Occasionaly the alarm stays on even though the seat belt is pluggedi in.... sometimes i can switch iff, unplug and replug and it goes off, othertimes it just stays on. Today it stayed on for the entire 25 mile drive home. It doesnt happen everytime and never seems to happen to my hubby. Where is the sensor? How could i deactivate it so i can drive home then reactivate?

rukshan de silva 12-11-2022 12:37 AM

How to disable seatbelt chime volvo s80

Under the driver seat there is a purple wire just simply cut it. After that you'll not hear the seat belt chime . Seat belt sensor works as a disconnect Switch.so the system is identifying as you buckled up the seat belt when you disconnect the wire . You will have the airbag feature also .
anyway please buckle up you seat belt all the time
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/volvofo...42d9f6fbf.jpeg
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/volvofo...f8af76bf8.jpeg
e

richardkonrad 12-19-2022 09:06 AM

I drive also a 4x4 that we use in off road conditions yes its quite annoing I just got a seatbelt clip that I push in from a scrapie , but on a road car ? why ?