Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum (https://volvoforums.com/forum/)
-   Volvo S60 & V60 (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s60-v60-10/)
-   -   acceleration delay (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s60-v60-10/acceleration-delay-24894/)

willkeepscool 11-21-2008 03:32 PM

acceleration delay

I just bought a 05 2.5t AWD about 2 weeks ago and noticed a delay from whenI step on the pedal, to when the car actually accelerates. Just wondering if this is the norm with this model and/or year or what. If it is or isnt, idc, i dont like it. Can it/how do i fix it?

Also, is that little green lightby my cup holder just for fun, or what?

TIPSP 11-21-2008 05:04 PM

RE: acceleration delay

Welcome

You car has an ETB (electronic throttle body), I think, so it will be a little delayed.
My dad has an 07 V70 R and there is a little delay from normal driving, when I step on the gas there is an even bigger delay.

Man...I love the direct-link TB on my 745t.

Also the little green lights are just there as a "courtesy" light

willkeepscool 11-21-2008 08:20 PM

Ah, makes sense. I was thinking maybe when I stop it takes itself out of gear, and when I push the accelerator it puts itself back in gear. Im just going to assume its the way it has to be.

TIPSP 11-22-2008 12:48 AM

Yes...

I remember (Moderater) Tech saying something that when stopped for a certian time the car will go into nutral, and that will also delay the acceleration.

I also heard them saying something about updates for the transmission software.

tech 11-22-2008 07:47 AM

Yes alot of them came like that from the factory(Neutral control they called it when you slowed down the car went into neutral)
But I forget what year they scrapped the idea.

AzNick 11-22-2008 07:18 PM

My 2002 is a little bit like that and I got used to it. When I am driving aggressively, it has faster accelerations, when I drive conservatively, with lots of coasting going downhills, I get 99.9 MPG and the car does not re-accelerate as fast, but since I don't really care, I am fine with that.

I also noticed that pumping the gas pedal full in, full out then full in, it would switch into lower gear for more torque, and bigger acceleration and, guess what, it's a feature (forgot how it's called).

I have had the same thing with my Toyota (the one that got rear-ended and totaled by a Tc). Sluggish accelerations, and it's actually conservative (and yet, it's not DBW, unlike the S60).

I don't mind the DBW, this car is not a souped-up ricer, if some idiot with a slower car than mine decides to "race" me, I will let them win, but that's maybe because I am going on 40.

20 years ago...

lakeland28@aol.com 03-05-2024 10:23 AM

Just bought a Volvo S60 Rechargeable Plug -In and had an involuntary acceleration. Has anyone ever experienced that ?