Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.

Engine light and transmission light ON

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 11:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Engine light and transmission light ON

Hi , yesterday i have changed the motor oil and i was also suggested by the shop to change transmission oil. Now the vehicle only has 30K miles and i was reluctant to do so, but i did it. Today driving approximately 30 miles since the oil change and transmission fluid change i have transmission light that came on with engine light on. The vehicle is jerking either when im idling or driving,rmp's are going up and down, and at times the car just revs up engine when i give gas and not going forward. What could they have messed up ? Thank you for youre help.

Old 08-31-2010, 08:32 PM
Default Update on the situation.

I took the car to the dealer and he told me that mechanics in the other shop did not tighten some some hose when they flushed the transmission fluid causing it , to leak out. They are saying that my transmission could have been damaged and it will take $625 to order a part and pump fluid in to see if it will work , otherwise i'll have to shell out approximately 5K for a new transmission and labor

Old 09-01-2010, 12:35 AM

Did you talk to the mechanics who did the work? If they didn't do their job right, they should be liable for messing up.

Old 09-01-2010, 09:22 AM
RGT

I'd be talking to the shop that screwed it up and seeing what they are going to do to fix their screwup. If they were not real responsive I would get a lawyer involved. Even if the cars seems ok with new fluid it may have shortened the life of your transmission and if it fails a year from now it may be all on your dime....since the car only has 30k on it I'd be wanting a new transmission not rebuilt or repaired....

Old 09-01-2010, 12:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[quote=RGT;233710]I'd be talking to the shop that screwed it up and seeing what they are going to do to fix their screwup. If they were not real responsive I would get a lawyer involved. Even if the cars seems ok with new fluid it may have shortened the life of your transmission and if it fails a year from now it may be all on your dime....since the car only has 30k on it I'd be wanting a new transmission not rebuilt or repaired....

How low was it? if it was empty Big problem to come even if you can get it to run.But with that said its the shops fault and they will have to pay.I would just be worried of the $600 if its more(valve body or damage that will show up later) you don't what to let them off the hook.I would make sure that you get everything in writing from the Dealer and bring it back to the orignal shop and demand they pay for any required work.Tell dealer that you would like them to write up how much it cost to have the trany replaced.They will not put up a fight about writing it up that why.Its how they make $$. Thats what i would do.A rebuilt/replacement transmission in a Vovo is $4500-$5000 and even if its 1-2 years that a big risk to take.

Last edited by MYS6T; 09-01-2010 at 12:21 PM.
Old 09-02-2010, 06:51 AM

When I spoke to the dealer he said that they don't rebuilt transmissions they put in a new one. It's still a lot of money and ill be going to small claims court if they refuse to pay for it.

Old 09-02-2010, 02:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just make sure u have all the necessary docs to make ur claim valid and will hold up in court.