Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.

Help!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 09:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!!!!!!!

Hello Everyone:

I hope there is someone that can HELP me with my 2002 S60. About a month ago my husband purchased a 02 S60 in amazing condition. After driving it for about a week it started smelling inside, kind of a exhaust or greasy smell very hard to describe. My daughter describes it as burning crayons. After driving it my hair and clothes smell too. If I run a small errand it doesn't smell so bad but after 2 or 3 times out its smells terrible and even over comes me and affects my breathing. So I have stopped driving it for now.

It recently had a recall on the fuel pump so we had hoped that would have fixed it but no. I later returned to the dealership with this problem. The mechanic said he could not smell anything but decided to run some tests anyway. He rechecked the gas tank after the recall work. Gas tank and all lines clean and clear. He took out the air conditioner and it was fine, let it idle for 3 hours with climate controls set at 70 and fan on. He says they could not notice any unusual smell in the car. So they did a test drive and noticed a lot noise coming from the drivers side floor board after investigating found that the metal ring pushed out at the rubber steering boot allowing the steering shaft to pass through the firewall to the outside of the vehicle. Well that didn't work either. It still smells after driving for more then 15 minutes. I noticed if I have the air circulation button on the smell isn't as strong but still there. So I hope someone has heard of this before. I think the mechanics at the dealership think I an crazy. My family and friends can all smell it and a local mechanic here also says he can smell it.
Thank you for your help