Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.

Window problems!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 02:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window problems!

My finace' drives a 2004 S60.

Yesterday she goes to roll down the windows and the passanger window rolls down and comes off the track completly!

I take it to a local dealer and they tell me that the slide connector snapped that connects the regulator to the slide track on the bottom of the window.

They tell me that after that happened, it bend the slide track, and then the regulator arm got bent when the window was rolled back up.

Now i saw it myself, track was clearly bent, and the clip was snapped apart, and the one arm on the regulator was quite bent.

They tell me that the "ONLY" option i have is to order a whole new regulator, and a whole new window! They claim that the bent arm on the regulator cannot be bent back or straightened, but has to be flat out replaced.

They also claim that the bent slide track cannot be replaced because it's evidently impossible to get the old slide track off the glass and put a new one on. So now they tell me i have to buy a whole new regulator and a whole new window to the tune of $1,000

Now, even if I really do have to buy a whole new regulator, AND a whole new window. I want to buy the parts myself. The dealer is marking up the parts like CRAZY on me i am sure!

First off, any thoughts on the situation?? Can i bend anything back and be ok? If i can't, do i really have to get a whole new window? is that slide track really not replaceable??

And if i have to get a new regulator and window, any ideas on where to order this stuff? I know the dealer is marking up on my like CRAZY!

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Old 03-09-2007, 09:34 PM
Administrator
Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
Default RE: Window problems!

The situation sounds about right.
They are really hard to get them perfect. The regulators are very picky about being straight.
I have tried to bent alot of them with no success.
Also the slider is built into the glass.(not replaceable)

Not sure where else to buy besides the dealer.
Can't find the parts on any of the sites I have.

Old 01-19-2008, 04:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Window problems!

Hi there,

It's unfortunate your window broke. That will cost you some money. The plastic bushings break sometimes when the window gets stuck for some reason and you operate the window. In my experience, the window is frozen shut in below zero temps and you operate the window. The bushings break since the motors are powerful on Volvo's.

The bushings cost about 6 bucks each (x2).

The cheapest place I have found for regulators is on ebay. It is a royal pain to replace them though... just a warning. A lot of your 1000 dollar quote may have been labor. I have successfully removed one and tweaked it to running condition so you can try that.

The window... you are screwed. Look for someone parting out a volvo on ebay or in the classifieds.

I hope that helps and good luck.