Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Protecting the Left Footrest Area – Beige Interior

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2016, 09:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Protecting the Left Footrest Area – Beige Interior

My S60 Volvo has beautiful beige interior. However, keeping it spotless is a chore. One area in particular is the left footrest on the driver’s side of the vehicle. Although I have installed Weathertech’s floor mats 2015 Volvo S60 | All-Weather Car Floor Mats by WeatherTech - traps water, road salt, mud and sand | WeatherTech.com the footrest is still unprotected. Even the more complete FloorLiner™ 2015 Volvo S60 | WeatherTech FloorLiner custom fit car floor protection from mud, water, sand and salt. | WeatherTech.com only partially covers the footrest.

A portion of the footrest area has a plastic textured area which is easy to clean. Yet it is surrounded by a carpeted portion and regularly shampooing that area of the footrest area would only wear out the carpet prematurely.

What I found that works well is to custom-cut a vinyl stair tread to cover this area. I purchased this at my local Lowe’s store Shop M-D Building Products 9.12-in x 24-in Black Vinyl Round Nose Stair Treads at Lowes.com. It is manufactured by M-D Building Products Vinyl Stair Treads - Residential and is available in Black and Brown.

A template is easy to make using a sheet of paper pressed over the footrest. The vinyl stair tread is then easily cut with scissors following the template. Because the stair tread has a formed rounded nose, it nicely curves around the footrest. Please refer to the attached snapshot.

To secure the piece over the footrest I cut a strip of double-sided carpet tape and affixed it to the plastic tread area of the footrest (avoiding the carpeted portion). This solution works very well for me.

Any other ideas or suggestions?

Attached Thumbnails -footrests60.jpg  
Old 01-04-2016, 06:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Take your shoes off before getting into the car! :-)