Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.

Radio connections

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 08:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio connections

Hey! I just bought a 2004 S60 2.5t and I am already looking at doing some mod on it. First I would like to add an aux input as well as an ipod connector to the stock radio unit. From the few posts I found I understand that I need to remove the stock radio unit to access the right connectors. On ebay I have found aux input and ipod adaptors device for the s60 and I am looking at the wiring diagram/connector information of the Volvo stock radio to figure out where to connect this to. I am also looking at instructions and/or tips about how to remove the factory radio as well as precautions to take when removing the radio. For example is there any issue with error code after disconnecting/reconnecting the radio? Will I have to enter a security code for the radio to work again? Any tip or information would greatly appreciated. I have done this type of mod recently on my other current and previous cars which include BMW's and Honda's so I am familiar with that type of thing but I do not know anything about the Volvo sound system and radio. One last question, I am also thinking about replacing the speakers with better ones. Any input and advise on that (speaker size, specs, etc...) would be great.
Thanks
Alain