Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum (https://volvoforums.com/forum/)
-   Volvo S60 & V60 (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s60-v60-10/)
-   -   s60 stalls, just once after startup and then runs fine, no CEL (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s60-v60-10/s60-stalls-just-once-after-startup-then-runs-fine-no-cel-91948/)

joseph capra 03-21-2017 12:30 PM

s60 stalls, just once after startup and then runs fine, no CEL

My problem seems odd, but its very consistent.
After starting this car ( doesnt matter cold or warm) it bogs and almost stalls upon the first acceleration. It stumbles for about 5-10 seconds, sometimes almost killing, and then NO PROBLEMS after that.
Problem is this stall can occur right when I'm entering the flow of traffic, and then i slow to almost a stop without the warning of brake lights. DANGEROUS!
It seems as though the EFI shuts down in a sort of hiccup for a spell, and then sort of "figures it out", and I can them drive all day with no issues, unless i shut it down and start out again.
NO CHECK ENGINE LIGHT!

Any ideas? Have you seen this before? 2004 V60 2,5 AWD 165K

Smith Volvo 03-21-2017 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by joseph capra (Post 445022)
My problem seems odd, but its very consistent.
After starting this car ( doesnt matter cold or warm) it bogs and almost stalls upon the first acceleration. It stumbles for about 5-10 seconds, sometimes almost killing, and then NO PROBLEMS after that.
Problem is this stall can occur right when I'm entering the flow of traffic, and then i slow to almost a stop without the warning of brake lights. DANGEROUS!
It seems as though the EFI shuts down in a sort of hiccup for a spell, and then sort of "figures it out", and I can them drive all day with no issues, unless i shut it down and start out again.
NO CHECK ENGINE LIGHT!

Any ideas? Have you seen this before? 2004 V60 2,5 AWD 165K

mmm - must be a early prototype - the V60 did not arrive until 2014

joseph capra 03-22-2017 09:37 AM

thanks

Always nice to have someone kill your thread with a snark over a typo.

Smith Volvo 03-22-2017 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by joseph capra (Post 445078)
Always nice to have someone kill your thread with a snark over a typo.

Snark not intended in a bad way - but we're talking about 2 different Volvo platforms that both have it's own distinct issues. If you have a early platform S60 and it stumbles with not check engine light - I would make sure you a: have fuel in the tank (fuel senders can and do lie), and b: have fuel at the fuel rail (pumps can and and do fail). The later V60's have not had this issue that we have seen.

mt6127 03-22-2017 10:12 AM

Sounds like it may be a fuel pressure issue - pump, relay, pressure sensor sensor or an intake air leak/vacuum leak. Wondering also if it could be the ETM (electronic throttle body) acting up... maybe a cleaning of the ETM and MAF may help...