Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum (https://volvoforums.com/forum/)
-   Volvo S60 & V60 (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s60-v60-10/)
-   -   S60R Fuel Pump Issues (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s60-v60-10/s60r-fuel-pump-issues-14739/)

BarnStorm 10-31-2007 06:57 AM

S60R Fuel Pump Issues

I am new to this forum and new to Volvo. I bought my first, a S60 R, in March 2006. I love the car and it has beena great performer... until recently.

For about 2 months now, I have been battling a string of failures centering on the fuel pump. Symptoms have varied but included most notably a complete stall at highway speed.

In the course of about 6 or 7 visits to the dealer, the pump has beenreplaced and then, subsequently, the fuel control module. After getting a "check engine" light this past weekend, I brought it in again. I just got word yesterday I need - yes - another fuel pump.

This is incredible to me. Does this experience resonate for anyone? Comments appreciated.

Volvocars 10-31-2007 10:18 PM

RE: S60R Fuel Pump Issues

I would try a fuel pressure sensor located on the fuel rail itself.

shimby 11-01-2007 10:22 PM

I just had similiar issues. Loos of power when accelerating at highway speeds, and i also had some hiccups when eccelerating. Felt like the car was gasping for fuel. The check engine light went off and the Volvo service center said it was a fuel pressure sensor, which they replaced. Its been 2 weeks. so far so good.

mncx 11-05-2007 10:38 PM

There is a recall launch recently. Visit your dealer and check for fuel pressure sensor recall 181.

jaguar2002 08-20-2008 01:21 AM

I am a Newbie. I am having a similar problem with my 2006 S60 2.5 T fuel system 54k miles(maintenance is done at the required intervals by the dealer). Last year in October the car would not start and a fuel sensor was replaced (still under warranty). Last week I had the fuel regulator sensor ($346) replaced due to the check engine light (Code P0089) came on without any warning.The checkengine light was reset and just as I drove up in my driveway the light came back on.

I am not having anyproblems with acceleration; nor is the car trying to stall or cut out on me in traffic. I was averaging 26.7 to 28 mpg in the city until the sensor was changed then I dropped to 24.2 to 25 mpg. I did notice one change prior to the check engine light coming on I stayed at 24.2 mpg for about a week averaging the same speed and distance.

I just took my car back in yesterday; and the dealer is telling me it will cost me $900+ to replace the fuel pump because the pressure is reflecting 52 psi and should read 38 psi. I am kind of confuse; I thought the pressure should read 52 psi and not 38 psi. I am not going to have the work done on the car until I am absolute sure of what is wrong with my car.

If there is a recall on the system please advise; I know that there was a recall on this problem for V70. Please advise if the recall was extended to the S60 series or all turbo regardless of the series.

Thanks.