Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.

V60 Polestar Problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2024, 06:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V60 Polestar Problems

I have a beautiful Onyx black 2024 V60 P*, and I generally love it!

Since I got it this past September, however, I have had several very annoying problems with it. On multiple occasions, the center display console simply does not turn on. The car will start and will drive, but I have no control of, s=well, just about anything: No drive control, no audio, no climate control, not nav. Nothing. It has required a reboot, or sending it into screen cleaning mode to get it to come back. And it has happened in inopportune times, too, like in snowstorms here in Maine. The rear electric drive is great, but that much RWD torque in the snow without the FWD is not optimal!

It has also periodically made piercing static noise, followed by no audio whatsoever. No radio. Not even the turn indicator noise. Nothing. This, too, has required a reboot. Not fun.

The other morning, I left for work, stopped for gas just before getting on the highway and switching from Pure to to gas (Hold). There was such a horrible vibration coming from the passenger rear wheel that I had to keep it to 55mph in a 70mph zone. Problem solved simply by switching back to electric.

Most frustrating, however, sis that I'm getting nowhere near the advertised 41 mile all-electric range. When fully charged, with dash indicating 100% full charge, the estimated range is 31-32 miles. This is completely unacceptable for a $75K car.

Volvo customer service was simply awful when I called, and offered no help or suggestion, and did not even seem interested. I finally had it diagnosed at the dealer yesterday and, as I predicted, they told me that there is nothing wrong. They even said that they talked with Volvo technical, who referred me to the owner's manual, which talks about the actual range vs optimal range, and driving patterns.

I drive like an old lady most of the time, and while I am here in Maine and it is winter, I'm not zooming up and down mountains in the arctic! Since I've had it, I've probably had it in Polestar mode a grand total of about 25-30 minutes. The car is charged in a semi-heated garage, and I only use electric getting to and from the highway while commuting to/from work (~28 miles each way, 80% of which is highway).

Moreover, the loaner I had for a few days while mine was in the shop was a 2024 XC60 Recharge (same drivetrain and battery). That advertised all-electric range is 35 miles. While charged in the same garage, with the same outside weather, on the same charger, driving the same round trip to/from work, it always charged to 33-34 miles at 100%.

So the XC60 charges to ~95% of advertised range and mine charges to only ~75-77% advertised range??? How can Volvo pretend that this is acceptable?

Has anyone else had any similar issues? Did I get a lemon?

I love the car, but unless I hear a very convincing and thorough explanation for this discrepancy, I refuse to accept this.

Am I just being an a$$hole here? Would anyone else think this is OK for this caliber of car?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!