Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.

Volvo S60 Speaker Problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2016, 04:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Volvo S60 Speaker Problem

Hi,

I'm new to the forums, just bought my parents Volvo S60 2003

I noticed the car didn't have an AUX to utilize its amazing audio system without burning CD's so I bought a CD Changer MP3 Interface

Got the mechanic to solder the yellow wire to the radio to provide power to the device and boom got the CD Changer text on the radio and working aux/usb/sd. I played some songs in the 3 Channel mode and worked perfectly so did the regular speakers( When you press OFF).

Now here's the weird part... when I use the Dolby Pro Logic option with certain songs it causes the front speakers to crackle in random spots but when I play those same songs with 3 Channel Mode or OFF it doesn't happen.

I've burned those same songs that cause crackling when using the MP3 Interface onto a CD to test it with the CD Player and to my surprise no crackling it sounded perfect with Dolby Pro Logic.

I'm no audio expert but I noticed when I play the songs on high volume all the speakers pop and stop providing sound except the front middle speaker which continues to function. So I suppose maybe It's the AMP.

I also noticed when I'm using the Mp3 Interface it emits a red light from inside but when I'm not using it , the device turns off. it only uses 12V but I heard even the smallest amount of extra power be used can cause problems.

Or maybe the CD Changer port isn't utilizing the AMP? Or maybe the MP3 Interface needs a Dolby Processor?

I likely might not get any answers but I'm taking the car to my audio/body shop expert to have it checked out in a few months when I pay some bills off and will update the post.

Also while I'm on the subject does anyone know of any other car brands that use Dolby Pro Logic I've only seen Volvo with it so far. Thanks.

Last edited by Andre1997; 03-14-2016 at 04:25 AM.