Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum (https://volvoforums.com/forum/)
-   Volvo S70 (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s70-33/)
-   -   new control arms (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s70-33/new-control-arms-38756/)

brandons70 02-03-2010 10:25 PM

new control arms

dose anyone know if HAMBURG TECHNIC control arms are good?

tech 02-05-2010 09:00 PM

Never heard of them. I would use the bilstien ones.

cn90 02-07-2010 08:14 AM

If you go to volvospeed forum, there are tons of unhappy customers! HT is basically junk, you will replace them again in one year!

Stick with Lemforder which is Volvo OEM.
The best price is from Darrell Waltrip Volvo in Franklin TN:
www.darrellwaltripvolvo.com

Call for price and shipping.
Around $120 each.

JoJoDaClown 02-28-2010 09:20 AM

Just don't get the Uro ones from FCP Groton. The bushings are already worn on mine and it's only been 2000 miles. I didn't believe the tech after they got done replacing my rack and pinion. They said they couldn't align it because there was too much play on both sides with the control arms. Sure enough, they showed me and the bushings were sloppy. I'm trying to figure out what brand to replace them with, and looking at the bildsteins.

spaded09 03-01-2010 05:36 PM

Ohh crap i have one sitting in the garage that i got from fcp groton and i think its made by Uro parts.

FredMc 03-03-2010 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by cn90 (Post 204553)
If you go to volvospeed forum, there are tons of unhappy customers! HT is basically junk, you will replace them again in one year!

Stick with Lemforder which is Volvo OEM.
The best price is from Darrell Waltrip Volvo in Franklin TN:
www.darrellwaltripvolvo.com

Call for price and shipping.
Around $120 each.

Smart Man. Listen to him.

I didn't know Bilstein made control arms for Volvo's or anyone else.

Bobec 03-03-2010 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by JoJoDaClown (Post 207538)
Just don't get the Uro ones from FCP Groton. The bushings are already worn on mine and it's only been 2000 miles. I didn't believe the tech after they got done replacing my rack and pinion. They said they couldn't align it because there was too much play on both sides with the control arms. Sure enough, they showed me and the bushings were sloppy. I'm trying to figure out what brand to replace them with, and looking at the bildsteins.

Yes the URO are serious junk :mad::mad::mad:, just put them on my 850. The bolts are made of spent uranium pig metal, I stripped the thread on one bolts with ony a standard 1/2" drive wratchet, like cutting butter. Also have a sloppy knocking sound that I need to figure out but maybe the bushings. I'm putting the original bolts back it. Total junk. FCP... You should be ashamed.

tech 03-03-2010 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by FredMc (Post 207975)
Smart Man. Listen to him.

I didn't know Bilstein made control arms for Volvo's or anyone else.

I have been installing the bilsteins for years and have not had any ever come back.
They are beefy as well. Very good product.