Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum (https://volvoforums.com/forum/)
-   Volvo S70 (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s70-33/)
-   -   OBD-II PLUG LOCATION (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s70-33/obd-ii-plug-location-17930/)

chachouu 02-28-2008 11:13 AM

OBD-II PLUG LOCATION

Where excatly is that plug in my S70 1998,do I have to remove the center console completely in order to reach it?

JimKW 02-28-2008 11:53 AM

RE: OBD-II PLUG LOCATION

Nope. It's inside the console. Just open it up and there is a little flap like thing in the front that you simply remove and plug in the ODB-II.

chachouu 02-28-2008 01:28 PM

so how do I remove that console,where are the screws located,help with a link if there,s one

samadkins29 02-28-2008 02:08 PM

thier is nothing to unscrew! open the center consol. The plastic lid marked OBD-II is held in with a clip, nothing special, just pop it off(the lid) and the OBD-II connector is right their.

chachouu 02-28-2008 02:21 PM

ORIGINAL: samadkins29

thier is nothing to unscrew! open the center consol. The plastic lid marked OBD-II is held in with a clip, nothing special, just pop it off(the lid) and the OBD-II connector is right their.
so I can just pull the center console and it will pop off,is what you are saying,that nothing is really holding it down to the floor of the car.

or is it under the console,where the shifter is,I am a bit confused.

junkprospector 02-28-2008 02:29 PM

if you lift the center armrest hatch, up towards the front of the storage area, you'll see a little 1" x 1.5" plastic piece labeled OBD-II - it just lifts open with a pocket knife of a small sscrewdriver ot something to lightly pry it up with.

chachouu 02-28-2008 02:47 PM

thanks JUNK

samadkins29 02-28-2008 11:58 PM

ORIGINAL: chachouu

thanks JUNK
lol your not serious? are you..... that is one of the easiest locations to get to. Why would they put it under the center consol????? thats F*ing stupid, lol. Some cars even have it in the engine bay. So just becasue its a plasctic cover over it doesnt mean its junk. You should be thankfull that you dont have to tear apart the car to get to it.............

*edit* - I feel like an idiot, lol

chachouu 02-29-2008 06:58 AM

ORIGINAL: samadkins29

ORIGINAL: chachouu

thanks JUNK
lol your not serious? are you..... that is one of the easiest locations to get to. Why would they put it under the center consol????? thats F*ing stupid, lol. Some cars even have it in the engine bay. So just becasue its a plasctic cover over it doesnt mean its junk. You should be thankfull that you dont have to tear apart the car to get to it.............
Dude,instead of just posting nonsense,maybe you should take time to read,that I said thanks to the guy that gave me information on the exact location of it.

his screen name is JUNKPROSPECTOR.

JimKW 02-29-2008 08:19 AM

This is one funny thread!

I did have to go back and read what meant by "Thanks JUNK", but I got it.

What codes are you getting?

chachouu 02-29-2008 08:56 AM

I am going at noon today will let ya know.
thanks,but I got that engine check after I changed my gas filter and distributor cap and rotor, besides that the car was and still running fine.

samadkins29 02-29-2008 09:45 AM

haha, sorry about that, It was late and i read it as "thats junk", sorry about me rambling on........

chachouu 02-29-2008 12:30 PM

I had it read and the code is
PO171
SYSTEM TOO LEAN
BANK 1
WHAT DOES THAT MEAN.