Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum (https://volvoforums.com/forum/)
-   Volvo S70 (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s70-33/)
-   -   Parting '98 S70 GLT (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s70-33/parting-98-s70-glt-43982/)

karutunian 07-30-2010 01:54 PM

Parting '98 S70 GLT

Let me know what you need...I'm deciding if I should keep and part or let insurance company haul it away. Act fast.

karutunian 07-30-2010 02:17 PM

Details:

1998 Volvo S70 GLT
117k miles
Black with Tan interior

Unfortunately, we had a massive wind/thunder storm last night. Blew a large tree over onto the Volvo. The roof sustained major damage. There's also damage on the rear trunk, front left fender, rear passenger door on drivers side.

Outside of that, good panels.

All electronics work as they should.

Many new parts installed in engine compartment....Bosch Air Mass Meter, spark plug wires, coil.

AC system blows frigid cold air.

Dash in excellent condition.

Interior: tired drivers seat, no tears just cracked...but other seats excellent

Tires are VGC

Headlights are good

Rear lights are good

Much more stuff in good condition.

As for the engine...runs very well. However, there is an oil leak...probably associated with turbo?! Never had it checked.

Let me know if you need anything. I have to make a decision by tomorrow whether or not to keep the car for parting.

Ken

t5ftw 07-30-2010 09:17 PM

By any chance are you near VA? Then, I would like to pick up some, such as hood in great condition.

gdog 07-30-2010 10:45 PM

Man, that's a bummer!!

Only thing i could use would be rear interior door panels, but they would have to be the right color; mine are two-tone tan, dark tan perimeter w/light tan interior. I'll see if i can dig up the color code...

karutunian 07-30-2010 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by t5ftw (Post 228655)
By any chance are you near VA? Then, I would like to pick up some, such as hood in great condition.

Yes, I'm in Richmond, VA.

As for the hood...I think it's free from damage, but will need to look closely. I do know that the very front of the hood had some decent sized chips. I'm sure it could be remedied without too much hassle.

I can take pics in the morning and post on this thread. Let me know any other items and I'll get pics and post.

karutunian 07-30-2010 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by gdog (Post 228666)
Man, that's a bummer!!

Only thing i could use would be rear interior door panels, but they would have to be the right color; mine are two-tone tan, dark tan perimeter w/light tan interior. I'll see if i can dig up the color code...

I'm afraid my interior panels are all mono tone beige...but will have a look in the morning to confirm. Panels are free from tears or stains.

HelpMe 07-31-2010 11:21 PM

by chance could i get your fuel pump and module shipped to 29206?

elcs70 08-01-2010 09:01 AM

how much for all 4 of the tail light sockets?

karutunian 08-01-2010 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by HelpMe (Post 228815)
by chance could i get your fuel pump and module shipped to 29206?

I'm gauging interest...so, please make me an offer. Fuel pump is in excellent working condition. As for the module...do you mean relays associated with fuel system???

I'm assuming that you'd want the complete fuel pump assembly...including sender, right?

Ken

karutunian 08-01-2010 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by elcs70 (Post 228874)
how much for all 4 of the tail light sockets?

I can provide 3 out of the 4. The left side trunk light was damaged. Non of the other lights were touched.

If interested in the 3...shoot me an offer.

Like I said, I'm gauging interest. If I can't at least re-coup the money spent to keep the car...I'll let them haul it away.

Ken

HelpMe 08-01-2010 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by karutunian (Post 228879)
I'm gauging interest...so, please make me an offer. Fuel pump is in excellent working condition. As for the module...do you mean relays associated with fuel system???

I'm assuming that you'd want the complete fuel pump assembly...including sender, right?

Ken

yea thats right. PM sent! i have no clue what these go for used hopefully we can work something out but I need it ASAP thats another problem :(

karutunian 08-01-2010 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by HelpMe (Post 228936)
yea thats right. PM sent! i have no clue what these go for used hopefully we can work something out but I need it ASAP thats another problem :(

PM answered.

Ken

desolator 08-02-2010 10:28 AM

Hi
I need the Coolant level sensor if it's working and all the roof GRAB HANDLE with there bolt covers if they are beige.

thanks

HelpMe 08-02-2010 11:38 PM

bump I replied to your PM

karutunian 08-03-2010 07:58 AM

I've decided to let the insurance company haul the car away. Not enough interest to warrant keeping and parting. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.