Volvo S70 Made from 1998 to 2000, this sporty model replaced the 850 sedan and instantly became a hit.

wiper system positionning.

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 09:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wiper system positionning.

Hi guys n girls,
I tried searching the net for a picture ok a s70se wiper links. I'm not too sure what to call it.
ok, my wipers were having a really hard time functionning properly. Like if they were forcing when turned on. At first I thought it as the motor which was starting to fade away. Therefore, I took action and removed the wiper arms and blades. I removes the draining tibes connected to the wiperplastic cover. The motor was visible as well as the ''wiper linkage system'' which i am needing information about. I removed the links (arms) co'nected to the wiper motor. I now need a picture from a good samaritan to show me the exact position of these links. I tried many different positions and 'othing seems to be the right position. The wipers push too far or collide. They also come back too far and roce on the plastic cover which covers the whole system.
What I need from you guys is a diagram or picture which will show me the true position of the wipers links. Please tell me you know what i'm talking about...

Old 08-25-2010, 07:05 AM
Administrator
Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

This post is pretty confusing. What is wrong with your wipers? Do they not work? Are they parked in the proper position? Have you taken the wiper arms off/loose, then run the motors, then re-attached the arms, then run them again to see if they work properly?

My S70 is out of town but I can post a picture of my 850 wiper system. Maybe it's the same.

Old 08-26-2010, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by calofr
Hi guys n girls,
I tried searching the net for a picture ok a s70se wiper links. I'm not too sure what to call it.
ok, my wipers were having a really hard time functionning properly. Like if they were forcing when turned on. At first I thought it as the motor which was starting to fade away. Therefore, I took action and removed the wiper arms and blades. I removes the draining tibes connected to the wiperplastic cover. The motor was visible as well as the ''wiper linkage system'' which i am needing information about. I removed the links (arms) co'nected to the wiper motor. I now need a picture from a good samaritan to show me the exact position of these links. I tried many different positions and 'othing seems to be the right position. The wipers push too far or collide. They also come back too far and roce on the plastic cover which covers the whole system.
What I need from you guys is a diagram or picture which will show me the true position of the wipers links. Please tell me you know what i'm talking about...
Originally Posted by rspi
This post is pretty confusing. What is wrong with your wipers? Do they not work? Are they parked in the proper position? Have you taken the wiper arms off/loose, then run the motors, then re-attached the arms, then run them again to see if they work properly?

My S70 is out of town but I can post a picture of my 850 wiper system. Maybe it's the same.

Well, I cant' be more clear I think. The wipers were not working properly so I decided to disassemble all the component to the wiper system. The arms, the motor, the linkage system connecting the wipers to the motor.

When I reinstalled the motor etc I realised that the wipers were now moving much better but not in the range of motion they were supposed to.
The position of the linkage that are connected to the motor is crucial to having a good range of motion. I need a picture of the system assembled so I can copy it and have my wipers again.

Old 08-27-2010, 10:20 AM
Administrator
Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

I would be inclined to say that no one has assembled the wiper system wrong. You must have a bad component or two in your system. You need to figure out which part is bad.

Old 09-01-2010, 11:35 PM

I searched the net for a diagram of the wiper system. I found the picture on a french forum. I think you misinterpreted what I was trying to say. No components went wrong with my system. What I was trying to explain to you is that when you dimantle the whole system (which, correct me if I'm wrong, you never did) you probably could see where I was going with this question. Here is the picture. If it selps anyone else in the furture, than be it. Now it is very important that if you do dismantle every component you see in this picture. For greasing, replacement whatever. Be sure to place the 3 rectangular metal pieces in the right direction. The three metal pieces are to the left under the no.9, middle, where the motor comes in and to the right (not very visible), under no.7.Name:  Wiperclip.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  82.0 KB