Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum (https://volvoforums.com/forum/)
-   Volvo S80 (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s80-18/)
-   -   07 with PCC would like a remote start (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s80-18/07-pcc-would-like-remote-start-45657/)

cyerger57 09-16-2010 07:00 PM

07 with PCC would like a remote start

Gentlemen,

Just brought my first Volvo home today... Was about a 200 mile trip and I'm already planning ordering the new one in 2 or 3 years and picking it up on one of those overseas delivery things.

I was wondering about adding a remote start to this thing but can't find a whole lot of info online about it. Has anyone done it and if so what did you use and who did it? I asked the dealer and asked Volvo directly and they officially "don't recommend that".

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Also, would like to add a set of wind deflectors (vent shades) to the side windows. Would rather have the ones that go on the surface but can't find any of them or the kind that go into the track for an 07.

What a cool ride

travismail 09-30-2010 11:43 AM

I put one in my S80. The reason you don't see many remote start installations in Volvos is because they are a pain in that a** and often time cost a lot. The newer model year Volvos are pretty straight forward but you do require the purchase of an alarm interface module. If you are having it installed look for the most professional shop with certified technicians. Don't listen to the dealers with regard to electronics...most of them are clueless in that field.

travismail 09-30-2010 11:49 AM

If you are local to CT...I know a great place and they may even sell your deflectors

jlewisinsyr 09-30-2010 01:45 PM

It took awhile for me to find a place that would even touch a Volvo, but I did eventually find one and love the remote starter.

As for the dealership, this is probably the single reason I pretty much have stopped going there. They gave me a real hard time about the remote starter, to the point of raised voices stating that they don't recommend it and I'm going to have issues with the car and I made a bad decision to have one installed.

cyerger57 10-01-2010 07:29 AM

Gentlemen,
Any info would be greatly appreciated, name of the shop you used and a phone number. Model numbers of the equipment. How long have you had them in and did they cause any problems at all? I'm in NE Pennsylvania and would travel a bit to know I'm getting a good install.
Thanks
Chris

cyerger57 10-01-2010 07:31 AM

As for the wind deflectors, it hasn't rained here since I made the first post and I sort of forgot about them. Yesterday the sky opened and they're saying something about 40 days and 40 nights...... I keep getting wet.

You would think they could design a car somehow so that the water wouldn't run in the window with it open slightly.

cyerger57 10-01-2010 07:32 AM

My direct email is cyerger57@yahoo.com if you would like to send something directly to me.
Thanks
Chris

travismail 10-27-2010 08:25 PM

Attention to Detail in Middletown, CT. Ask for either Matt or Randy. They use Comustar remote start systems that work great. I install my own and it is a solid unit.