Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum (https://volvoforums.com/forum/)
-   Volvo S80 (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s80-18/)
-   -   2007 S80 V8 Performance Parts (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s80-18/2007-s80-v8-performance-parts-87596/)

VolvoSuperSeries8 03-03-2016 08:10 AM

2007 S80 V8 Performance Parts

So at the risk of beating a dead horse, here I stand holding a golf club over a deceased Clydesdale, asking the age old question... anyone know where to get performance parts for a 4.4L yamaha V8? All I have done to this car so far is a cat-back exhaust with an electronic cutout right after the resonators. that plus a cold air intake with a weapon-R filter. Dyno reads at 335hp on a cold day. would prefer if it read 480hp, on a hot day. Any ideas? I can do basic stuff like fit an exhaust or install a cold air intake. But most modern day car mechanics surpass my ability.

VolvoSuperSeries8 03-11-2016 01:39 PM

Really? not one suggestion? Usually at least a ridiculous one finds it way in here.

quietlymknnoise 03-12-2016 03:43 PM

J Buffett has a song you need to listen to about CL - CA.

VolvoSuperSeries8 03-14-2016 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by quietlymknnoise (Post 428308)
J Buffett has a song you need to listen to about CL - CA.

Is this a reference to California promises? I dont think I've made the connection here.

VolvoSuperSeries8 03-21-2016 09:56 AM

Should this thread maybe be moved to somewhere in the brand review section?

VolvoSuperSeries8 04-06-2016 12:29 PM

Well not much help but I suppose this is progress. Or lack of? I finally got a hold of the mechanics and an engineer at polestar. They said they dont touch the S80..... C'mon-son!

VolvoSuperSeries8 04-06-2016 12:31 PM

Although I have been told, an eaton M90 with a custom manifold could possibly work. anyone have experience with the M90 SC?

FenrisWolf 05-27-2016 07:49 PM

Where did you get a cold air intake for the 2007 S80 V8?

FenrisWolf 05-27-2016 07:52 PM

I have a 2007 S80 V8 and I love it. Right now having trouble with the driver side bi-xenon low beam. I got a bulb failure alert, replaced the bulb and still no light. Trying to figure out how to figure out if my issue is possibly the bi-xenon controller or igniter. Both parts are ridiculous in price. If you have any suggestions let me know.

VolvoSuperSeries8 05-31-2016 10:27 AM

when my beams started to flutter (on and off real fast). All i did was take out the entire headlight and re-fit all the wiring so i was sure it was tight. and i havnt had a problem since. So I'm a little clueless on the replacing of the lights components. but give it a lil attentive detailing, who knows, you might get lucky too, and save your self some parts money. And the cold air intake is almost entirely home made. Its just an AEM brute force filter, (the weapon R I got was too small) :/ and some silicon piping (about 5" of it) that runs strait from the intake to the filter itself, I have a small steel retaining apparatus that holds up to about a pound or 2 of dry ice right above the original intake point. You know, just to cool off the intake air till I cut a hole in the hood for some heat extractors. Also i stuck one of those stupid turbine fans in the 3" silicon pipe cause its supposed to "cool and compress" the air, giving about 1-2 pounds of boost. (that might be all rubbish but its the "figures" they give) either way it was only like $40. I find that custom built intakes tend to be better if you have a general understanding of how the car works. especially on a car this uncommon. (forgive my bad grammar)

VolvoSuperSeries8 06-06-2016 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by VolvoSuperSeries8 (Post 432334)
when my beams started to flutter (on and off real fast). All i did was take out the entire headlight and re-fit all the wiring so i was sure it was tight. and i havnt had a problem since.

The irony here is painful. I just started having bulb failure again. Haha so I might have to eat my words if it doesn't stop.