Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum (https://volvoforums.com/forum/)
-   Volvo S80 (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s80-18/)
-   -   2008 S80 window regulator removal? (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s80-18/2008-s80-window-regulator-removal-81735/)

Veronica Tumavicus 12-26-2014 02:40 PM

2008 S80 window regulator removal?

2 Attachment(s)
Hello, I recently Purchased a 2008 Volvo S80 T6 and now I'm upgrading the factory sound system starting with sound deadening. I took the door Panel off and found this (First Thumbnail) held on By about 10 bolts (2nd Thumbnail) after I removed them the silver Piece still wouldn't come off so i took off the window motor and it still stays. The window regulator is Riveted On there and that's what appears to be holding it in place. I was wondering if anyone has taken this off and can guide me though it or knows of a video explaining how to take it completely off. If I have to drill out the rivets I will I'm just hoping there is an easier way that I'm just not seeing.

ES6T 12-26-2014 03:05 PM

You have to disconnect the connector where the body harness connects to the door. You also have to remove the glass and remove the outer door handle and unbolt the door latch from the door. Then the whole thing comes out as one unit.

Veronica Tumavicus 12-27-2014 06:28 AM

I'm just trying to remove the silver piece in the first thumbnail. the door handle has nothing to with that the only thing holding it on is the window regulator riveted on there. i see 2 ways to remove it. drill the rivets out and hope I can rivet it back together again or undo the bolts that holds the window to the regulator so i can pull it all out as one piece. I'm also unsure about this because i will barely be able to reach my hand in there to undo the bolts (One on each side) so idk if i can get them back on. or there is a different way that someone knows.

ES6T 12-27-2014 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Veronica Tumavicus (Post 402941)
or there is a different way that someone knows.

I just told you how to do it, but you decided not to believe me because apparently you already know how it's done. The window regulator is not holding it in.

Good luck.

Veronica Tumavicus 12-27-2014 10:37 AM

How do i remove the glass without first removing the silver piece

ES6T 12-27-2014 10:45 AM

There are two rubber access plugs. You need to open the plugs and lower the window until you can see the screw holding the glass. You don't need to remove the screws, just loosen them. Then the glass pulls straight up and out. Instead of screws, some had plastic tabs that have to be depressed. I don't remember off hand which year had which.

Veronica Tumavicus 01-04-2015 06:58 PM

Just a quick Thank You post. The rubber access plugs were the key i was missing. I took the window out and that gave me the play I needed to add my sound deadener. I couldn't figure out how to unbolt the door handle. I unscrewed the door latch but then realized that was enough to do what I had to do.

Veronica Tumavicus 01-04-2015 07:03 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Results

bubbarobertson 10-28-2017 02:05 PM

Wanted to bump this old thread, as I am looking to take on the same project.

How did you remove the window( I see the screws for the track. Did you loosen the screws and drop the window out the bottom? Did the metal door panel come out once the window was removed?

Thanks

pigoo3 10-30-2017 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by bubbarobertson (Post 452685)
Wanted to bump this old thread, as I am looking to take on the same project.

How did you remove the window( I see the screws for the track. Did you loosen the screws and drop the window out the bottom? Did the metal door panel come out once the window was removed?

Thanks

If you're working on a 2008 S80...and trying to do the same thing as the OP did 3 years ago (sound deadening)...I can give you the exact info.

To get access to the interior of the door:

- Remove the door panel/door card.
- Remove the window glass...lower the glass completely...then raise the glass 240mm. Open the two rubber plugs on the metal panel on the door...loosen the two nuts about 2 turns...remove the glass upwards.
- Remove outer door handle & the screws you see.
- Disconnect the wiring harness in the door hinge area.
- Remove three door latch bolts & single sheet metal screw from the door lock area of the door (end of the door where it closes).
- Remove the 8-10 bolts that hold in the large metal panel on the door.
- Disconnect the door handle & door lock cables.

If I didn't miss anything...this should allow you to remove everything as an assembly.

You could also spend $24.99...and get the 2008 S80 service manual from Tradebit.com (as I did).:)

rb61 10-31-2017 10:24 PM

pigoo3

I have been looking for a service manual for my 01 s80. Can you tell me which, of the many listed, you purchased?
thanks

pigoo3 11-01-2017 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by rb61 (Post 452775)
pigoo3

I have been looking for a service manual for my 01 s80. Can you tell me which, of the many listed, you purchased?
thanks

Originally I purchased a 2007-2014 S80 manual...but ended up with the 2008 S80 manual. Semi-long story. Lol