Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum (https://volvoforums.com/forum/)
-   Volvo S80 (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s80-18/)
-   -   All show No go power loss! Help Please (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s80-18/all-show-no-go-power-loss-help-please-6300/)

Ebolavoodoo 06-16-2006 10:48 AM

All show No go power loss! Help Please

For past couple days now, I've noticed that my s80 T6 with 62k doesn't have the power/acceleration it had just a week ago. No codes or idle problems of that sort. Before, when i mashed on the gas pedal at any speed, the car would get up and go. Now, it's a slow acceleration as if non-turbo. Software upgrade has been installed 2 months ago to fix idle rollercoaster. Could this be due to the need for a 60K tune-up. Are my plugs bad? Can a dirty air filter cause this? Could it be dirty throttle body? Bad turbos? Please give as much advice as you can, so I have a lots of differential diagnosis to play with. Thanks a bunch!

tech 06-16-2006 11:30 AM

RE: All show No go power loss! Help Please

Your lucky you caught me Home today. Out of work with Hurt Hand.

Do you feel any boost at all from the turbo's?

Does if kick and buck when you try to accelerate?

Is there any more that you notice?

Could be Plugs,Coils,A loose induction hose,Bad vaccum line to the Boost control Valve,Bad Boost control Valve,Fuel filter,Air filter and maybe a few more things.

gordon368 06-16-2006 02:51 PM

thats weird.........

studd34000 06-16-2006 09:46 PM

that sucks but i thought the s80's had a 100k tune up not a 60k

gordon368 06-17-2006 02:52 AM

i think they are suppose to have the major tune up every 30k ....

Ebolavoodoo 06-17-2006 01:48 PM

It use to kick butt when i gave it gas...major pull/acceleration. Now its just like i hardly gave it full gas (feels like 70%) when i mash on pedal. There is no kick or buck when accelerating..just a gradual acceleration. Nothing else i notice. Gonna go over some things tech mentioned

tech 06-17-2006 01:58 PM

Let us know what you find.
Might also help if you dump some fuel injector clener in the Gas Tank.

jerryman 06-21-2006 07:37 PM

Mine does the same thing. AFter I get the ABS module replaced, I will take it to the dealer for the up grade in software.

Biggest Piece of Junk I have ever owned. Everytime I turn around, something breaks, makes noise, leaks, falls off or must be replaced.

Heck you can get one on ebay for $6000.00 so tell me it doesn't depreciate faster then a BMW, if you do, you have never owned a real car. Even the Saab's are built like crap. The swiss need to stick to watches.

Sorry to be so negative, but I have spent thousands on this car after 60k, even with an extended warranty, and it still needs lots of work. Don't tell me it's just this one car, "MINE HAS NEVER BEEN TOUCHED" I have talked to a lot of s80 owners and not one has had one that didn't have problems.

DEPREC-MOBILE.. Better off just to let it rotten away and never fix them. Would cost less..

master_pre 06-22-2006 03:45 PM

I do not doubt that you have had bad experiences with your car, but I have had nothing of the same occur. I had a software upgrade and the regular maintenance done, and the car has ran great. I am completely pleased with my 2000 S80!

jerryman 06-23-2006 03:35 PM

Maybe once everything is caught up and repaired, it will be OK. Passing the 3k mark in repairs. But have to admit, it sure does pull hard when it's running right.

master_pre 06-26-2006 01:13 PM

3k?!? Ouch. That does hurt.