Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum (https://volvoforums.com/forum/)
-   Volvo S80 (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s80-18/)
-   -   blowing seat fuses (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s80-18/blowing-seat-fuses-6838/)

liberty 07-19-2006 02:07 PM

blowing seat fuses

im not sure if the switch is shorting out or if there is a problem with the wireing .but every time i replace the fuse it pops when i try to move the seat.
has anybody else had a problem with that?
also the tech at the volvo dealership told me that these cars have really soft trannys,if so how much is a tranny replacement for it ?
my car has been a real money pit , i cant afford anymore problems. last night i was backing up then put it in drive and it felt like it chuged threw a few gears, then worked fine.
it made me real nervous.

Ahmed 07-19-2006 03:40 PM

RE: blowing seat fuses

What year is your car and how many miles does it have. I dont know if you know this but I heard that most of the 99 models have a lot of defects in them since it was the first year the S80 was made and those defects carried over to the 00 and some of the 01 models as well. I have a 99 model with 98k miles on it now and the only problems I have had with it is that I had to get the ETM replaced wich I got my money back under the 10 year 200k mile warrenty, I had to get the ECM replaced ($800) and I had to get the front sway bar links replaced. Other then that I do normal maintanece and its running great. So I just hope I have one of the good ones.

Did you ever have your transmision flushed. I had mine power flushed at 98k miles at a independent european car machanic. And If you think you have a problem with our transmision I would take it to AAMCO because I heard they do a full check up of it and if they think it has a problem they will fix it and they can even give it a life time warrenty. I heard that having it fixed will make it better then what it was before and remember that it is a GM transmision so it is not necessary to take it to a volvo dealership because I heard that they only do a replacement.

liberty 07-19-2006 08:44 PM

RE: blowing seat fuses

hey thanks for the advise,
its a 2000 t6
i just bought it three weeks ago and i broke down the first 3 miles from were i bought it .
i took it back and it went the next day to the volvo dealership.
it was the intake hose, it was old and soft so it would blow off when you pushed on the gas.i bought this car because i thought volvos were dependable, when i had a volvo tech look at it he said it had the steering rack replaced,the uper strut bearings,ball joint,oil cooler,radiator,fan,throttle body and etc recalls done.
now i need new front brakes ,rotors and the uper motor mounts broken.
seems like a lot of broken stuff for a car with only 90,000 miles.
is this going to be a money pit?
i like the car but now im gun shy
thanks again,,,liberty
seattle wa