Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum (https://volvoforums.com/forum/)
-   Volvo S80 (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s80-18/)
-   -   Cabin Air Filter and Pollen Filter? (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s80-18/cabin-air-filter-pollen-filter-16625/)

Ahmed 01-10-2008 10:03 PM

Cabin Air Filter and Pollen Filter?

Hello,

I would like to know what are the functions of the Cabin Air Filter and Pollen Filter and at how many miles are they suppose to to replaced. And what negative effect will not changing it on time have on the car.

master_pre 01-10-2008 10:08 PM

RE: Cabin Air Filter and Pollen Filter?

ORIGINAL: Ahmed

Hello,

I would like to know what are the functions of the Cabin Air Filter and Pollen Filter and at how many miles are they suppose to to replaced. And what negative effect will not changing it on time have on the car.

The cabin air filters function is pretty simple, it cleans the air for the cabin of the car.:D I believe the recommendation on changing that is every 15,000 miles, I would double check in your owners manual as it will have the recommended mileage for replacing it. From what I've read if you don't change it often enough it can cause issues with your venthillation system (ie. heater, AC, etc). It's a cheap fix even if you dont' want to do it yourself I had the dealership do it for me. :) Granted I can't remember the price which means it was pretty low.

rotgut 01-11-2008 11:05 AM

changing to cabin filters just makes things more efficient, it not expensive and if you can change a spark plug of your oil you can do it, just think, keeping a fresh filter in your home makes your HVAC unit work more efficiently, call around, get prices on the filter, dealer verses autoparts stores, there will be a difference, I have a good relationship with the dealer and took a couple of autoparts stores prices in and he sold me the filter cheaper!

nicolaselias 01-26-2008 04:32 AM

I went on ebay and bought the cabin filter for less than 20 (genuine volvo sealed in box)... I reccomend you try it also, however you have to check what model you have... if you have the charcoal activated filter you will see two lights on the air recirculation button, one saying auto and the other saying manual.. if you have the regular filter then it will just appear as the recirculation logo.(this filter is white, the other is grey)..
Note that you can use the charcoal filter for the regular air system but you cannot use the regular (white) filter on the advanced air recirculation system...
If you need assistance on DIY, i can give you some help on that also

Ahmed 03-28-2008 02:50 PM

Hello,

Im currently looking at canbin filters on the internet and I see that there are a lot of different brands and prices like as low as $10 to as high as $35. So is there a specific kindbrand that anyone would recommend I buy. I have a 99 S80 2.9.

nicolaselias 03-28-2008 04:22 PM

I just chose to go with the genuine volvo... as i said i got it on ebay for under 20 (including shipping)

I just tend to go for original stuff once i can get it at the right price...