Volvo S80 A performance sedan that offers top notch luxury, outstanding handling and so much more.

Can’t get into my S80! Help please

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2023, 10:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can’t get into my S80! Help please

I have a Volvo S80 that’s been standing for several months.

I now need to move the vehicle and put it back on the road but the electronic key fob won’t open the car and the key blade won’t work either.

I’ve put a new battery in the key fob but I assume as the car battery is dead, it’s not registering anything?

I can get my hand under the right side of the bonnet to release the bonnet catch but the left side is holding so I can’t open the bonnet to recharge the battery either so no way to get into the car.

Any clues please? Very grateful for any advice 😊

Old 04-03-2023, 07:30 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Tigerbella!
I have a Volvo S80 that’s been standing for several months.

I now need to move the vehicle and put it back on the road but the electronic key fob won’t open the car and the key blade won’t work either.

I’ve put a new battery in the key fob but I assume as the car battery is dead, it’s not registering anything?

I can get my hand under the right side of the bonnet to release the bonnet catch but the left side is holding so I can’t open the bonnet to recharge the battery either so no way to get into the car.

Any clues please? Very grateful for any advice 😊
Good morning from Canada,
Can you open the boot with the key blade? If you can you might be able to get through into the interior some way. I don't know if it's possible but you could try.
Several years ago a similar thing happened to a person I know with a S-80 and they ysed a saw to cut the bonnet latches. Not a really great idea but with desperate times comes desperate measures!