Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum (https://volvoforums.com/forum/)
-   Volvo S80 (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s80-18/)
-   -   check engine lite (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s80-18/check-engine-lite-1339/)

c note 04-14-2005 10:24 AM

check engine lite

I have a 2000 S80-T6 that I love, but every 3 or 4 days for the past year, my check engine lite comes on. My local Volvo dealer has change the ETM, O2 sensors and cleaned the ventulation system. All out of warrenty i might add. I decided to buy a OBD II scanner to reset the lite myself. The scanner reads P1152 every time. My book says this is a Manufacture Specific code. Well that doesn't help me. Is there a cross reference web site somewhere that will point me to the problem or does onyone have advice as to what else it could be?

tech 04-14-2005 11:13 AM

RE: check engine lite

Sorry I have tryed looking everywhere I can and can't find anything.
I wonder if it is the same code as you had at the dealer?
Do you remember which code you had at the dealer?
I have a funny feeling it is going to have something to do with the O2 sensors.

alecw81 04-14-2005 07:59 PM

Try going to an Autozone and using their OBDII tool (free of charge) they've always been able to identify the codes for me.

c note 04-14-2005 10:27 PM

Thanks for the response to my issue.
Let me give you some additional information that will help you trouble shoot my problem.
I have taken it to auto zone and their OBD II scanner reads the same as mine. P1152. they also said it pointed to a O2 senser. My delima is I had the O2 sensors changed 6 months ago. (very expensive).
The lite comes on (usually in the morning) when I am driving at around 40 mph and the transmission has shifted into overdrive. As I accelerate slightly, the transmission does not down shift to a lower gear unless I push harder in the gas pedel. Do you think this lack of response could be dumping gas into the engine giving the O2 senser its reading? I dont know how the transmission works in conjunction with the ETM.

Your thoughts please.

c note 04-15-2005 09:57 AM

I just found the service papers from the dealer. the fault code according to the dealer was ecm-290A signal too high,bank 2, perminate fault. They replaced the senser. Two days later same the code reapeared P1152.

tech 04-15-2005 10:35 AM

Did they replace one sensor or both on that side.
Most of the time if you have a code for the front or rear O2 sensor it is best to replace both.Once one goes it takes out the other one.It will show up shortly after installing the other one.

c note 04-15-2005 10:47 AM

Just the one senser that the code pointed to.
I saw in another thread that you mentioned some other posibilities for emmission problems such as evap valve, gas pedel senser and fuel tank pressure sensers. Do you think my problem could be one of these?

tech 04-15-2005 11:32 AM

Possible but like I said in the last post here if you only replaced one sensor the other might be bad.

Bimmerguy 10-25-2011 10:29 AM

wow

Has this problem been resolved? I'm have the exact same issues! The only difference is all my work didn't fall under warranty!