Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum (https://volvoforums.com/forum/)
-   Volvo S80 (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s80-18/)
-   -   Code P0432 After Speedometer Swap (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s80-18/code-p0432-after-speedometer-swap-21828/)

spunkymonky 07-29-2008 12:19 AM

Code P0432 After Speedometer Swap

Hey all,

Hoping someone might have some insight. I just swapped my speedo out from a US speedo to a Canadian Speedo. I suddenly got a check engine light come on after driving for the day. Code p0432 Main Catalyst Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 2).
Everything was working fine including indicating the proper speed in kph. I have not yet gone to the dealer to get the software download I've been told I need. The only thing not working properly is the odometer reading it's counting miles and not kilometers. Wondering if there is any possibility these could be related. I somehow doubt it but these cars are bizarre with their systems.

Thanks

tech 07-30-2008 07:11 PM

RE: Code P0432 After Speedometer Swap

I doubt related at all.

spunkymonky 07-31-2008 09:12 PM

Took the car into the dealer today to get the software download they said they could do for $100. Apparently they can't. At first they said they didn't need to do it and it was fine because everything was working. I told them the speedometer is reading the correct speed but the odometer is counting in miles not kilometers. After much research on their part they then said it would cost $1000 for the download from volvo and that if I didn't do it it would screw up many of the other systems such as the emissions and the way the car was it would never pass aircare.
Seems to me they don't know what they are doing. They said I should put in the original speedo and they could change the trip computer info to read metric instead and leave it at that.

They also said the check engine light was a result of the swap.Do these people have any idea or what?

Anyone have any insight.

tech 07-31-2008 09:37 PM

In my opinion I think someone doesn't knwo what they are doing. But it is true that they can change over the old one. I cannot imagine that code coming from a swapped cluster.

spunkymonky 08-12-2008 10:13 PM

In case anyone searches for this. I had no problems with the speedo swap and no software download except that the odometer still counts in miles.
The problem that I encountered where the check engine light was on with the new speedo was in fact that the old speedo's check engine light was burnt out. Guess the guy I bought the car from knew this and cleared the codes before I bought it because there were no codes at the time of purchase and I didn't check them again til I made the speedo swap and the engine light was on.[:@]