Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum (https://volvoforums.com/forum/)
-   Volvo S80 (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s80-18/)
-   -   Courtesy light under side view mirror (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s80-18/courtesy-light-under-side-view-mirror-5801/)

Richard74 05-14-2006 02:09 AM

Courtesy light under side view mirror

On my 01 S80 T6, the light under the side view mirror (driver's side) is out. I do not see any exterior access screws to release the lens cover to get to the bulb for replacement. I have found the bulbs to use, only can't get into the housing to change it. How do you get the lens cover off? Thanks Tech.. Richard

tech 05-14-2006 10:57 AM

RE: Courtesy light under side view mirror

Did you try looking behind the mirror glass with a Flashlight?
If I remember correctly the lens locks in with tabs or clips. You should be able to release it from behind the mirror.
It has been a long time since I have had to change one.

Richard74 05-14-2006 03:08 PM

I guess I'd have to tilt the mirror glass all the way up to get access to the bottom peice I need huh? The dealership says it just pops out, but it is in there with some force as I have tried to lightly pry it off.. I'll see what's under the looking glass, so to speak. Thanks again. Let me know if you thyink of anything else.

R

poopbunny 05-14-2006 06:30 PM

Grasp mirror glass on outer edge.
Pull forward and inward.
Then pull lengthways.

Richard74 05-14-2006 10:57 PM

I am not sure I follow this.

poopbunny 05-15-2006 09:11 AM

Removing the external side glass wing mirror on the door.
You are standing in front looking at the mirror reflective side.
Grab the outer edge (as opposed to the inner)
Pull towards you, so mirror is folding inwards.
Then work its way out.

I don't think you need to remove the mirror to replace the bulb.

You may be able to fold the mirror upwards enough to fit a screwdriver at the bottom of the mirror where you can push on the catch located on the outer edge of the bulb housing to release. You will be using the screwdriver to push on the catch inwards towards the car.

va2054 12-05-2006 04:45 PM

My bulb is out also. Before I remove the old bulb, could someone please tell me what type of bulb is used here?

Gary
2001 s80
Manassas Va

re100005 12-11-2006 01:05 AM

Go figure. A few days after I happen to read this post My wife tells me the Driver side courtesy light is out. Anyone have a common (or industry standard) bulb number for this? The only numbers I have are volvo part numbers 30634737 or 9203539. According to VADIS, this is the only location where these bulbs are used.

tech 12-11-2006 08:54 PM

ORIGINAL: re100005

Go figure. A few days after I happen to read this post My wife tells me the Driver side courtesy light is out. Anyone have a common (or industry standard) bulb number for this? The only numbers I have are volvo part numbers 30634737 or 9203539. According to VADIS, this is the only location where these bulbs are used.

Not 100% positive but I think they are the same bulbs that Ford used to use in the 3rd brake lights in the older cars.

re100005 12-11-2006 09:13 PM

I guess I'll just remove the dead one and check. I was hoping I wouldn't have to pop the lamp in and out any more than necessary.