Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum (https://volvoforums.com/forum/)
-   Volvo S80 (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s80-18/)
-   -   dun dun dun (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s80-18/dun-dun-dun-14734/)

gordon368 10-30-2007 09:30 PM

dun dun dun

Coolant is leaking again!

2 months ago the radiator was replaced, today I start the car, coolant is below min with the message "Coolant Level Low - Stop Engine", this happened the last time too. I dont see coolant under my car there fore I believe its going into the radiator again or something to the effect where the radiator needs to be replaced?

1.) After driving it, the message goes away, but when i park it for the night, and in the morning i start it, the message comes up!.... So it must be needing a new radiator again?

2.) When at night, if I have all the dome lights on, and I go to adjust me power seat, the whole car dims with the push of that button, then it brightens back up as i release the button. Also when I start the car sometimes initially all the displays are Dimmed down for about 5-10seconds, then it brightens up. Sometimes when I accelerate, the displays brighten about 20%. Is this a bad altenator, voltage meter, or even the battery? I do have a car audio system that is turn down to volume zero when this happens too, its about 1500watts rms.

3.) getting tons of steering wheel creaking noises as it turns, its like a moan?

Its going to Volvo tommorow, just want a heads up as to what I an expect?

tech 10-30-2007 09:38 PM

RE: dun dun dun

1.Have the heater core checked.
2.Maybe a weak Alt. but these cars use a ton of power through out the car.
It is almost a given that when the Seat pulls power (High Amps) the lights will dim some.
3.Maybe low on fluid or the bottle is bad.

gordon368 10-31-2007 03:31 PM

1.) They pressurized my coolant system, and found no leaks, So Im wondering where all the coolant went lol.......

2.)They pulled the code from the ECM which came out to be 6806, and they removed and replaced the turbo control valve/Solenoid Valve

3.) lubed the steering stops

4.) replaced both directionals and sockets.

tech 11-01-2007 06:21 PM

The Heater Core might still weaping slowly.

gordon368 11-01-2007 11:45 PM

tech how much of a perfomance difference is there with a bad turbo control valve/solenoid valve? I feel like i noticed a 30-40% difference in all gears, especially highway.

thanks again

tech 11-02-2007 05:49 PM

It might not have been opening as much as it should have thats why you feel it better now.

mncx 11-07-2007 07:47 PM

I haven't seen heater core failed on a S80 before but it can definatelyhappen as Tech said. Do you have wet spots that look and smell like coolant oncarpet inside car?? Most likely is the person who replace the Radiator did not drive the car hard enough to bleed air out of system when filling up with coolant. It takes almost a bottle and 1/2 of the coolant to fill a S80 up. hope that helps.

gordon368 11-07-2007 11:10 PM

Would they go through all the way up to the carpets you can remove? I have not noticed a smell and dont see spots...

I will just have to wait a month and see if it gets low again...

on a side note...
I hav the feeling the transmission is gonna go, but I hope it doesnt happen after my warranty expires ><

mncx 11-07-2007 11:18 PM

the heater core should be under center part of dash.. if leak it should smell in worst case as I have said it soak carpet on front either driver or passenger side. Good luck with the transmission as i can say;).

gordon368 11-12-2007 10:31 PM

well examining my coolant today(checked it this morning), when I recieved the car it was Bring full- time I received it from the delearship- \over the maxium mark, and now its just below the maxium mark, Im thinking its the heater core?

tech 11-13-2007 05:38 PM

Could very well be.