Volvo S80 A performance sedan that offers top notch luxury, outstanding handling and so much more.

Flea Has Drank The Volvo Kool-Aid

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 08:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flea Has Drank The Volvo Kool-Aid

2009 S80 V8 AWD, Executive 17K

Took me six long months to find one of these beauties and I must say it was worth the wait. Everything I read and researched validated. It's like driving a cushion, definitely a car for cruisers not racers. Power when you need it, and such a smooth shift through gears.

Posted in another thread about others who have found one of these and had to go out of state to find it - no exception here. 150 miles away this gem was nestled in a small burb Ford dealership. It was so worth the road trip, and the ride home was a great sampling of the BLIS (blind spot warning system). Research played it as a gimmick, but I have to say its accuracy was unfaltering. It almost gives you a false sense of security in making quick lane changes without peeking in your mirrors...gotta watch that one.

This is obviously the 'bloom on the rose' phase of the car and only time will tell if its smoothness and solid feel hold out, but for now - i am a very happy camper!

After I put some 'Angel Eyes' on the front lighting, I'll post a pictorial. Looking forward to a long and strong Volvo relationship and great insight within this forum. Thanks all - Fleanote

Attached Thumbnails Flea Has Drank The Volvo Kool-Aid-fleavolv1.jpg  

Last edited by fleanote; 08-29-2012 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Model title
Old 07-25-2012, 11:01 AM
Super Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the forum Fleanote.

Old 08-29-2012, 08:51 PM
Default Flea's Volvo, 2K Miles Later

Happy to report that I am still in love with this car. Volvo really got the body style just right with this model year.

I've changed a few things from that original shot (pictorial coming soon). I've added an OEM trunk-thin spoiler, tinted the glass, replaced the factory bulbs with PIAA Xtra bright halogens, and added LED angel eyes to the front daytime running lights (early pic attached). The last bits are new high beam bulbs (matching Xtra Bright's), and mudflaps for the forthcoming winter (thank goodness for AWD).

There's a separate post discussing the LED wiring and bulb replacement process. If you're interested in swapping bulbs on an '09 S80 V8, don't listen to the manual, listen to the writing on the bulb. The front daytime's are H11's not H7's as advertised. Also, learn from my mistake. I originally purchased 65W H9's for the high beams. The wattage was too strong and was blowing fuses. Get a 55W or less H9 bulb or if you're McGuyver, re-work your fuse box to handle the extra draw.

Attached Thumbnails Flea Has Drank The Volvo Kool-Aid-s80-ae.jpg  
Old 09-07-2012, 10:04 AM

Where did you get the angel eye LED lights? Did they just glue over the lens?

Old 09-08-2012, 03:40 PM

Plasmaglow.com, and yes, they are 3M adhesive and can be cut to size. They give you roughly 20" for each light wit a pos/grnd wiring on the other end. You can wire them to any 12V source.