Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum (https://volvoforums.com/forum/)
-   Volvo S80 (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s80-18/)
-   -   Fuel Pressure Regulator S80, where is it?! (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s80-18/fuel-pressure-regulator-s80-where-16301/)

Lab_Rodent 12-29-2007 05:09 PM

Fuel Pressure Regulator S80, where is it?!

I cant find the FPR on my S80 T6. I cant see the fuel lines ether. I see the fuel rail, but no lines. The turbo piping is in the way of everything. I figured you could get to the FPR with out removing the piping, but I cant find it.[>:]

tech 12-29-2007 05:17 PM

RE: Fuel Pressure Regulator S80, where is it?!

It if isn't in the fuel rail then it is in the tank.

Lab_Rodent 12-29-2007 05:24 PM

If it is in the Fuel Rail, is there a fuel return hose & a vacuum hose to it? I assume it is 1:1 rising rate for the turbo. I have seen the fuel pump assembly to my car, and I dont recall seeing a FPR in it. I saw a couple of hoses to the middle of my fuel rail, I was thinking that it could possibly be it. But thought that there isnt enough space for it to be there. Guess I may have to take it appart to see. sux...

(plus most turbo cars want the FPR close to the injectors due to pressure fluxuation)

tech 12-29-2007 06:48 PM

I think on yours it might be part of the fuel pump assembly.
That is if it isn't on the rail.

Lab_Rodent 12-30-2007 09:02 PM

Okay, I looked for it today. I saw one little thingy on my fuel rail, but my fuel rail only has one fuel line to it. No return line. So the regulator isnt on the rail from what I could tell, seeing there is no fuel return line. Now I know that my fuel pump assembly has a fuel return line nozzle for fuel return. If the fuel pump was in the assembly, there would be no need for the return line. So there must be something imbetween the gas tank and the fuel rail that returns fuel.?. Any info on this?

tech 12-31-2007 05:01 PM

Not sure I will have to try to look on a car on Wed.

Lab_Rodent 01-01-2008 11:25 PM

I think I have figured it out... The nozzle that I thought was a return line on the fuel pump (because it looked just like every return line nozzle I have ever seen on a fuel pimp assembly), was actually the gas tank breather, looks like Volvo put a vacuum line to that gas tank breather so your intake will get the gas tank fumes. So one of the 2 lines going to the fuel tank is acually a vacuum line.[&:] So I think you are correct about it being in the tank.

VolvoMasochist 06-16-2017 04:29 AM

If anyone still cares, what is often called the fuel pressure regulator on other cars is called an "Absorber" by Volvo. I guess it "absorbs" fuel pressure fluctuations. One common Volvo part # for this on a first-gen S80 is 9186278, with Bosch # 0280161509. You can find a photo of the little device by googling "volvo 9186278". It may be hard to see under the hood because it's directly under the fuel rail. For its size, it's expensive new — maybe $50. Used ones are cheap, but maybe a cause of regret later on.