Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum (https://volvoforums.com/forum/)
-   Volvo S80 (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s80-18/)
-   -   Halo projecter lights,bodykits ? (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s80-18/halo-projecter-lights-bodykits-38722/)

bihsoccer14 02-02-2010 09:44 PM

Halo projecter lights,bodykits ?

anyone know there are projecter lights, or could i use another cars head lights? if there are are lip kits and cheap lowering srings as well preformance ? volvo s80 2002

S70driver 02-03-2010 06:20 AM

Welcome to the world of Volvo. Where we have aftermarket support but it is nowhere near what HONDA and others have.

1. You bought or have an S80. Basically nothing made for it.

2. I know no one makes projector headlights for your car. And I doubt any newer model
S80's that may run projectors will fit. So your looking at a custom retrofit job. Which can be done. But will take time and a little bit of money.

3. As far as lip kits go good luck. I know HEICO had one awhile back. But haven't seen it lately. I'd give them a call and or e-mail them to find out.

4. Lowering springs. I know REALCAR ( http://www.realcar.se/servlet/us_pyr...loginguest&p=H ) has COBRA springs. Never heard of them. This company is overseas and the cost to import would be way too much.

EuroSportTuning which is out of Canada sells HEICO springs, KW Coilovers and a KONI FSD & EIBACH spring kit.

Viva Performance which is in the USA. Hopefully still in business sells an EIBACH spring kit and the KW Coilovers.

5. What kind of performance are we talking about? If your not a T6 model. Don't worry about engine mods. Your not going to gain much power anyways, unless you spend money to do some crazy stuff.

6. Lastly nothing and I mean NOTHING in the VOLVO aftermarket world is CHEAP. Just get it into your head know, any project you want to start is going to cost you. Be it simple suspension or crazy engine mods.

bihsoccer14 02-03-2010 08:50 PM

thanks, i have a regular s80 i am looking to put money in to it, not all in once. i was wondering how much would it cost to turbo it or get a used turbo and piping. for preforamance i was looking for chips exaust small things.

What kind of halo lights could i be looking at and how much money ?

S70driver 02-04-2010 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by bihsoccer14 (Post 204090)
thanks, i have a regular s80 i am looking to put money in to it, not all in once. i was wondering how much would it cost to turbo it or get a used turbo and piping. for preforamance i was looking for chips exaust small things.

What kind of halo lights could i be looking at and how much money ?

Right now right here I am going to tell you. SELL IT AND BUY A TURBO MODEL. Simple as that. FYI, I'd stay away from s80's altogether and I would stay away from 1999+ model Volvo anything. Get an 850, S70, V70. Much easier to work with and a lot more parts available for them.

Here is just a small list of items you'd need to turbo your car...

1. Turbo
2. Downpipe 2.5" to 3" mandrel bent
3. CAT Convertor
4. Catback exhaust system 2.5" to 3" mandrel bent
5. Turbo hoses (Silicone)
6. Hose clamps or T-bolt clamps
7. Vaccum lines (Silicone)
8. Intercooler
9. Intercooler hardpiping
10. Water and or Oil lines
11. Injectors
12. MAJOR PART OF THIS IS ECU TUNING. Your not going to be able to get a generic tune. Your going to have to go to a custom tuner that can dyno tune and get the proper tune for your car.
13. Etc...

**With all new parts your looking $5k+ and I am willing to bet upwards of $10k.**

You cannot just slap a turbo on your car and drive away. It will take a lot of time, money and custom work to do it right. Could you go USED parts? YES, should you. Who knows, up to you. But your also looking at not knowing the quality left in the item.

As far as ECU upgrade goes (CHIPS) your basically crap out of luck. Your N/A, your going to gain maybe 10Hp and 5Ft-Lb's and it is going to cost you $200+, not worth it. Upsolute may have a tune for you as well as InMotion, but don't bet on it.

HALO Lights? Well it's going to be a custom job. So what I would suggest is purchasing another headlight set like you have currently on the car. Then do some measuring of the insides and then find some projectors that will fit and then custom retrofit them into those headlights. You'll have your originals incase you decide to drop the project and be able to drive while your making or having the projector ones made. I would bet this is going to cost a good $400-$1000 to do RIGHT.

bihsoccer14 02-04-2010 04:48 PM

yeah i am probably going to go used parts and buy the parts for turbo slowly not all at once. i wonr be putting that in for a year or so. but i am really intreasted in how much i should lower my car ?
what kind of exsaust dual onr one and brand?
what other performance i can get

S70driver 02-04-2010 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by bihsoccer14 (Post 204181)
yeah i am probably going to go used parts and buy the parts for turbo slowly not all at once. i wonr be putting that in for a year or so. but i am really intreasted in how much i should lower my car ?
what kind of exsaust dual onr one and brand?
what other performance i can get

I don't think you really get the undertaking of this project. Even with used parts it is going to cost you. Can you install all of this yourself and tune it yourself? If you cannot think of the cost it will cost you to have a performance mechanic work on it for you. You will be without your car for awhile.

What kind of exhaust? Doesn't matter, up to you. Brand wise? Your not going to be buying a straight from the aftermarket world premade downpipe and catback system. It is going to have to be CUSTOM made.

Lowering your car? 1.0" to 1.5" is what I would do. Will give it a nice stance.

Seriously just sell your S80 and purchase an 850, s70 or V70. Not a 1999+ model though. Once you do sell and go with one of these options you see your aftermarket world potential open up some more.

Turboing an N/A car in general isn't easy. Turboing an N/A 1999+ model Volvo is even harder. Seriously consider selling, please. You'll be happier once you did, I know it. And again it isn't you just slap a turbo on your car and go. Even with USED parts you still need the list I provided above plus extras. So seriously think about it. Also your not going to know the life expectancy of these USED parts only mileage. They could crappy out on you faster then NEW.

frank17 02-05-2010 10:34 PM

i also think that the transmission would need some work if u did turbo a n/a

nblair80 02-06-2010 07:43 PM

Dude I wouldn't try putting turbos on it. The lowest price I could find on the two turbos need was $600 dollars. And that was some kind of ugly looking used ones from a wrecking yard. Turned out I didn't need them so I got my money back. You would be better just saving the money and getting a t6 one instead. Try and shoot for the '02 or newer if ya can save the money and sell your non "t" model. I hear the 02 have less problems

bihsoccer14 02-07-2010 09:21 AM

4 Attachment(s)
well i found them for 300 hundred and they are in pretty good condition , i dont know if i am going to be turboing it yet, my 2.9 is a 02 only 53,00 miles on it. i am just doing little performance parts and go for looks, any advice