Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum (https://volvoforums.com/forum/)
-   Volvo S80 (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s80-18/)
-   -   How bad is it from the outside? (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s80-18/how-bad-outside-69560/)

kawasakiklx 03-10-2013 03:06 PM

How bad is it from the outside?

1 Attachment(s)
I got in an accident today, not my fault. I am curious what will happen with my car and maybe a round-about repair price. I know that will be hard to guess, but an estimate of an estimate is all I'm curious about. There is damage inside the passenger compartment and my alignment is jacked. The lower metal that the door meets is bent up some.

Here is a pic, what do you all think?

akabond 03-10-2013 05:17 PM

how did the accident happen?? hope everyone was ok.
well looks like lot of labor and parts will be required. just go to a few body repair and get estimates. Plus like you said it wasn't your fault so i dont know why you are asking us. Just go to body shop and get a estimate asap.
good luck

kawasakiklx 03-10-2013 11:32 PM

Thanks for the reply. I want to know if I should expect it to be totaled, that's the main reason I'm asking. Car has been with me for 6 long years and I'm not done with it yet. Put a new engine in it last year!

Everyone was fine, happened in a parking lot. Other driver was 30s and pregnant. She was driving a newer car and was very pleasant considering. All "three" of us were ok. :) She failed to yield to me while she was merging from a feeder lane to a thoroughfare. Immediate fault when you do that.

Good news is insurance already determined fault (hers) and issued me a rental car. Either way I want this car back, totaled or not, anyone hear of a common buy back price for a 2000 S80 T6?

akabond 03-11-2013 08:38 AM

well from the picture it looks like there was no side airbag (if equipped) deployed. And i dont think it looks totalled. Whenever i see totaled car i think of structural damage. Here its just door damaged. So there is replacement of whole door outside and inside and some rear paint work which i do think will be expensive.
check kbb or similar site for pricing

kawasakiklx 03-12-2013 11:31 AM

when you open the front door, extending from the floor, there is an area of metal that has some air bag insignia on it. I think it said SPS. That is pretty dented up, too

Since the car's value is only around 6k, I'm guessing two full doors, fixing the structural stuff, paint, labor, etc will be more than that. I may hear back today.

kawasakiklx 03-19-2013 09:55 PM

Update: Car was considered a "Total Loss". They initial offered me $7250 for the car, but there is always room to compromise. Based on the condition I think the offer was fair, but it doesn't account for the things I have had to do since. Phone calls, rental, paperwork, etc. The car also had a motor which was recently rebuild to factory spec. Buy back is set in stone at $1,250. I will be buying it back and fixing the door.