Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum (https://volvoforums.com/forum/)
-   Volvo S80 (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s80-18/)
-   -   I wont be on any longer... (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s80-18/i-wont-any-longer-13848/)

drizzt05 09-17-2007 10:44 PM

I wont be on any longer...

2 Attachment(s)
and this is why:
Attachment 24327
Attachment 24328

99VolvoV70 09-17-2007 11:12 PM

RE: I wont be on any longer...

What's wrong with a little mud? Looks like you/the carfaired pretty well. Were you hurt?

gordon368 09-17-2007 11:14 PM

my goodness, did you lose control of your car and hit something?

im confused to as what happened ... hope all is well

TheSteelKnight 09-18-2007 12:30 PM

glad your okay

what happened

and i believe what isnt being showed on the pics is the tree that imprinted itself between the doors and if it bent the frame, the car will be totaled. which inturn tells us that he might not be getting another volvo to replace it if its totaled.

master_pre 09-18-2007 12:55 PM

The car looks alright, were you? You have insurance right? They could have your car fixed up in no time. :D

tech 09-18-2007 05:43 PM

Hope you are all right.
It doesn't look all that bad.
Has it been looked over yet?

drizzt05 09-18-2007 07:05 PM

I was okay except I hit my face on the window. The car is pretty bad all the damage is of course on the other side, the wheel was bent and I think some linkages were broken, it won't turn over and seeps oil, and the quarter panel and lights are ripped off.
What happened was me and a minivan ( of all things ) were pissing each other off and going too too fast, I tried to pass him and he just ran me off the road, I hit the shoulder, spun once then flew across the highway spun again and hit a tree. The guy just hauled a$$ out of there.
I'm very sad ):

JPN 09-18-2007 09:53 PM

As others have said, it could've been a lot worse. You were lucky to be in a Volvo.

I know this is too late, but for future reference...

When you encounter an offensive driver, the worst thing you can do is to react. The safest thing to do is to keep cool and stay as far away from the idiot as possible, I even get off the road/changerouteonce a while to avoid those who do not seem to have brains.

Professional limo drivers are generally the best examples of safe drivers. When they encounter offensive drivers, they avoid eye contact and try to keep as far a distance as possible.

I wonder what the repair bill would be at the body shop...

JPN

gordon368 09-18-2007 11:12 PM

wow.... I cant believe the guy didnt stop... what a jerk..

Were you going like 100?

howardr 09-25-2007 10:40 PM

I too am glad you are alright. Do you get to sell off the parts?

Lovin my Volvo! 10-04-2007 10:41 PM

Sorry to hear that. I worked for a Volvo Dealership and a lady came in all banged up and said that an eighteen wheeler ran flat over her car but, she survied and swore that it was the Volvo I was in shock as she showed me the pictures. It was unreal that the box frame stood up to so much weight. Since then I've heard that she hass bought a Volvo for almost each faimly member of her house hold!
Glad your oK!

1999S80T6 10-05-2007 09:09 AM

Glad you are ok. I guess the volvo did its part to save you. Glad you were driving a volvo. Keep updating us with whatever happens next.

Ahmed 10-05-2007 02:08 PM

Which volvo was it. I also heard that no one has ever died in a Volvo before is there any truth to that.

gordon368 10-05-2007 05:32 PM

yeah i heard the same thing rofl....

drizzt05 10-07-2007 07:34 PM

Actually, I'm trying to get it running again. I just recharged the battery and when I try to crank it it just gives a single click. It made one half-assed revolution once but now it's doing the click again. Any ideas? Any solutions?