Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum (https://volvoforums.com/forum/)
-   Volvo S80 (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s80-18/)
-   -   IAQS (Interior Air Quality System)? (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s80-18/iaqs-interior-air-quality-system-26430/)

elguzzy 01-11-2009 05:04 PM

IAQS (Interior Air Quality System)?

How do I tell if I have an IAQS (Interior Air Quality System) in my 2000 Volvo S80? I need to replace my cabin air filter. I understand that if I have an IAQS, I need to purchase a charcoal air filter. Thanks in advance.

duwash1 01-11-2009 08:27 PM

RE: IAQS (Interior Air Quality System)?

I have a 99 S80 T-6 and it doesn't matter. I was able to order either from Europarts.com

andrei3333 01-11-2009 10:52 PM

you mean both fit in ? which one is better ? whats the difference ? is the difference noticeable ?

nicolaselias 01-12-2009 12:32 AM

If you look at the air recirculation button on the dash, I think if it says auto, then it has the IAQS, I cant really remember how it works..

Anyway IAQS means you NEED the charcoal activated filter
non-iaqs you can use either (without really getting the benefit of the charcoal of course)

the charcoal may give a little trouble to fit in the non iaqs, there is a plastic tab at the bottom of the filter housing that you will have to remove to fit in the charcoal filter (which we did for mine)...
Seriously, when you change you filter, you will see the sheer amount of crap that it collects...

for the part, I used ebay, but www.eeuroparts.com or www.fcpgroton.com will be more than fine...

JTapper 01-12-2009 06:33 AM

If your recirc button says aut/man on it then you have IAQS, if it is just off/on then you have the regular filter. As they said above, either will work if you don't have IAQS. I didn't have IAQS in my 2001 S80, but used the charcoal filter. There was only a $2 difference in price between the two.

pauliebagodonuts 01-16-2009 04:05 PM

HOW DOES ONE ACTUALLY CHANGE THE CABIN AIR FILTER...ANYONE KNOW? Paul

JTapper 01-16-2009 04:49 PM

What year/model?

elguzzy 01-17-2009 07:41 AM

I just located the cabin air filter in my 2000 Volvo S80. It was located under the glove compartment on the front passenger side of the car. To get to it, I first removed the side panel on the center console. Move the front passenger seat back as far as possible. You will see a plug you have to turn 90-degrees. Then pull the panel towards the rear of the car and it will come out. Next remove the panel under the glove compartment. You have to remove the two torx screws holding the panel in place. You will then see a black cover screw into a plastic container by 4 torx screws. Remove the 4 trox screws. You will now have access to the cabin air filter.

Crito 01-17-2009 01:28 PM

My blower motor was rattling so badly on high speed I was sure I needed to replace it - its in same general area but you have to remove glove box to access. When I opened the filter box I found the last guy who checked just tossed the old filter and never replaced it. Now that there's some air resistance again the blower is whisper quiet! Two birds, one stone... ;)